Dwarf Rules????????

modlitebill35

3rd generation of BEARDS
hey bobby how about quick changes for the mod lites and dwarfs ....?

NO, not yet! ((( IF YOU MAKE THEM LEGAL, DON'T ALLOW CHANGES DURING THE NIGHT OF RACING. RUN WHATEVER GEAR YOU STARTED THE NIGHT WITH. ))) I cannot afford a $2000.00 rearend and I am not the only one out there who can't. There are plenty of rearends available and still plenty of gears available for those, too!

that defeats the whole purpose

hey dirtsurfer... if you think about it by the time you go out and get a say a toyota 10 bolt cut down and get your axles cut and buy your 3 or 4 different gears for different tracks your spending the same amount MAYBE MORE.... yea the quick change is more expensive at first but in the long run its a life and money saver....

U-wrench it for the rearend if I can't find one locally. Cost is about 50 bucks. Gear-sets for about the same. Welded by me for free. Axles cut to length by Dad for free. You're incorrect, Bub. Oh, and I ALREADY HAVE the 10 bolt. It isn't cheaper in the long run either, unless you are really rough on those 10 bolts and you have to replace them.

Truth is you want a QC to be able to make a finer selection of gears. For the increased cost to the class, it isn't worth it until we run out of reserve rearends. This class is supposed to be a low cost alternative to racing Latemodels and modifieds, etc. When guys have to ditch perfectly good components just to keep up, it is headed the wrong direction. The Mod bodies were an asset to our class to promote it to the younger crowd(such as yourself), but we don't need to put 2K rears in these things until a shortage dictates it.

And besides, why would you want that extra rotating weight in the driveline? Think about it....:)

i want a QC just for the tusa races i go to, that i have not been to before and not raced at that track so if my gear is off i can change it. the no change gear rule for doe run is alright for me, i wont need to change gears there but if i want to go race there i want to be able to run the QC bcuz thats what will be in the car.

hey it sounds good to me!!!!!

hey,

From what i have heard, QC's are a good thing to have. Right now it is pretty hard to change gears at the track. A QC would help from what i have heard. O yeah who ever said racing is cheap. You are always goin to have to spend money to be fast. Everywhere else, there are letting them run QC's so y not doe run.

cya:)

Everywhere else is NOT running them, only the TUSA sanctioned races are. NE missouri club won't run them either, not sure about the southern(arkansas) guys. You're right Barks, racing isn't cheap; But why make it $2000 more expensive? I would rather be able to use the money on a motor, than to find an in-between ration for a few tenths of a second.

John I can understand your want, I just don't think that it will be very popular among the gang at DRR. Maybe a "no change" rule and a rule to keep them running a final ratio that is available in the 8 or 10-bolt rears(3.58, 3.90, etc.) would justify it. I would be fine with it that way.

if tusa allows them and they are in their rule book then we will allow them at Doe Run. Richie Standridge (tech inspector)

tusa already alows them but we are still to vote on them in SMDC! i will probably have one so if they dont allow them then i guess i just wont race there.

TUSA is a NATIONAL GROUP....

That is a little cut and dry isn't it Richie? I think if you are going to raise the cost of our class by $2000.00 you should probably be talking to the guys involved first. I'm not totally against them, but I think it should be treated as a decision made by the entire group of us. And, as I posted above, I think if they ARE allowed they should be tech'd to be using the same available ratios as the guys have-who don't have the money to afford an expensive rearend. It isn't like you can find a "cheap, used" one somewhere, you are limited to spending the $1750 to buy one and then the additional cash for gear ratios.

If people are gonna have to spend an additional $2K to be competitive then maybe they will have to leave too. This is a grass roots track and alot of them DON'T race TUSA events enough to justify the extra cash. Personally I'd rather spend the cash on a better engine or even an extra engine. But do what you gotta do, and I'll just evaluate what I have to do. That Modified class is looking alot more affordable, now. :rolleyes:

then dont buy one. they dont make the car any faster, they actually add more weight to the car and all they do to help is give a better gear selection. i have my gear for doe run and i wont change gears at the track, all i am saying is i will have a QC in the car and i will want to run there sometimes.

HEY randy isn't a toyo 10 bolt like a ford 9 inch??? if so can't you change gears at the track or is it hard because the car is built "around " the rearend? hey sent you a PM to man :D

Yes smurf they are like a 9 inch. The problem I see is the ability to get those in between ratios to be able to fine tune better than someone who is stuck with ratios that are at least .20 apart( 3.58, 3.72, 3.90).

Richie, thanks for the PM. I replied, in case you haven't checked them.

John the weight isn't an issue when you are able to split down to a little lower gear. And keeping them at a ratio that exists with a factory rearend is all I am asking for.

I spent some time discussing it at the banquet with Vince. I told him the same thing I said to you on here. I don't think we need them and feel they are driving up the price too high for newcomers, but I can understand it for TUSA events and somewaht for the SMDC. IF SMDC votes them in, I won't try to stand against them. HOWEVER, I do feel very strongly about teching them to be the same as stock ratios at DRR, though. And also that NO changes be allowed during the night. This allows someone who wants to race exclusively at DRR to be able to compete without having to purchase that rear to get the ratios that the QC cars COULD be running.

If we are going to continue to grow our class, attract newcomers and feed the SMDC group or TUSA for that matter- we need to keep it affordable for them to purchase a car that is competitive at the weekly level. The SMDC and TUSA pay bigger purses to justify having the more exotic stuff on the cars to compete.

"""HOWEVER, I do feel very strongly about teching them to be the same as stock ratios at DRR, though. And also that NO changes be allowed during the night."""""

that is fine with me!

Come on!!

hey,

If you dont want to spend the $2000 then dont or if you want to spend it on a motor then go do it, but i think it should be allowed to have if the guys want it. U can try to make ur car faster or easyer to work on. Your Choice

cya:)

whats it to you?

Hey barksboy no offense but you race karts why do u have so much to say about the dwarfs..... i mean thanks for the support but im just curious as to why you care??? :confused:

yeah....what he said. Would you like the thought of giving up all your CD's because someone came up with a different music player and yours was obsolete? The newest neatest things are not always so desireable. I don't mind if they have them as I posted later in this thread-because with a different agenda they need them. As time goes by I as well as others out there may be able to afford one. Right now we can't and I shouldn't have to be at a bigger disadvantage because they want to instal them for other tracks or series. With the stipulations I posted above, I would be absolutely fine with their existence. Thanks for your opinion kart racer!;)

Back