Earl announces retirement!!

This is big news and should not be buryed, but comment on.
Earl will be missed in a BIG way. Too bad that he did not announce who will be taking over. Earl has done a lot for the sport of dirt racing, both from the Late Model and Sprint sides.
Earl have a wonderful retirement and thank you for all you have done for dirt racing.

I hope who ever takes over, takes as much pride in what they do as Earl did. Eldora is to special to have it not carried on with the same mystique!

I think the announcement of who is buying it will be done during the 4-Crown show the last weekend of September.

His last event will be the UMP Fall Nationals in October.

Earl has done soooo much for this sport...I don't think anyone can fully understand his importance to dirt racing!!!

I sure hope it is NOT Stewart and hope the other rumor of it being his grandson and Larry Boos doing the promoting is the correct one.

If Stewart takes it over there is a 99.9% chance of ticket prices increasing DRASTICALLY if Larry Boos takes it over there's only a 75% chance of a drastic increase in ticket prices.

Where else in the country can you go see the best of the best late model drivers in the country and camp for only $80! That is easily the best bargain in all of racing!

When I say drastic increase in price I'm thinking double the $40.

I sure hope none of this occurs but it is a very distinct possibilty for next year.

Eldora... kinda like the Charley Bowl, but bigger.

It's not a guarantee that TS would raise prices. It's quite possible he would just raise the standards. 40,000 people, 6 bathrooms?

Try this idea on for size- with TS allegedly buying Eldora and KS being partners in UMP/Xtreme...

"Welcome to the 2005 Stacker 2 Xtreme World 100, live on SPEED!!!!"

Just speculation, of course. ;)

My opinoin is..........

It doesn't matter who buys it or takes it over.............it will never be the same with Earl not running the show..........Earl is the man.... Best wishes to Earl and Bernice ........

Doug said:
Eldora... kinda like the Charley Bowl, but bigger.

It's not a guarantee that TS would raise prices. It's quite possible he would just raise the standards. 40,000 people, 6 bathrooms?

Try this idea on for size- with TS allegedly buying Eldora and KS being partners in UMP/Xtreme...

"Welcome to the 2005 Stacker 2 Xtreme World 100, live on SPEED!!!!"

Just speculation, of course. ;)

Hmmmm. Getting interesting.

Well, it looks like Stewart has purchased the Big E. And based on his comments on Wind Tunnel maybe he WILL be a good thing for it. He said he plans to keep things as they are with maybe a few cosmetic changes and addressing safety concerns. with that news, I can live with Smoke as owner.

Finally!!!

We have been going there for years to race, hopefully they can now find somebody that can work the track and make it a race track again instead of a burnt up piece of crap!!!

Back