Edwards drives home

GAS It

Copied this from Jayski, I thought it was pretty funny.
BTW, when was this win in Godfrey?

Edwards Drives Home too: After Carl Edwards drove 500 miles to victory he left Atlanta with his motor coach driver and spent all night behind the wheel 680 miles to his hometown of Columbia, Missouri. His sponsor Scotts had a private jet waiting for him where he then flew to New York City to help ring Monday’s closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange. A long drive following a race win is nothing new to Edwards. After his first-ever dirt track victory in Godfrey, Illinois Carl drove home and was so happy that night he didn’t change out of uniform. He also drove back to Missouri from the Kentucky Speedway after his first Craftsman Truck Series win. Edwards said “To get behind the wheel of that motor home and drove home (from Atlanta) just made it feel right.”(PRN's Garage Pass Radio Show)(3-21-2005)

Yeah, and I bet the adrenaline rush from that kind of win keeps you awake a long time too. I saw Schrader head out of DuQuoin a couple years ago behind the wheel of the hauler after racing a Summer Nationals event. One of his crew guys said he'll drive the thing all the way back to NC tonight, never stop, and we will all get some sleep. Pretty cool, those guys doing that kind of stuff.

Back