Eldora Speedway website hacked with ISIS message

STLMSR

The website for Eldora Speedway was hacked Saturday with a message referencing ISIS, the extremist group in Iraq and Syria.

If you're as confused about that, don't worry, Tony Stewart, the track's owner, was too.

"Seriously?" Stewart said to USA Today when he was told about the hacking. "I guess we're a big enough blip on the radar now if we've gotten their attention. Maybe we can get them season passes.

"If there's anybody I'd want mad at me, I guess it would be them."

According to track president Roger Slack, the website was hacked for approximately 30 minutes.

Per Motorsport.com, the message on the site said "Hacked by Islamic State. We Are Everywhere :)." It's unclear if the hacking was done by anyone with ties to the group.

Slack also said the issue was with a plug-in and no personal info from any ticket buyers was compromised.
And no, Eldora wasn't singled out as a target – The thought of extremists especially despising dirt-track racing over other types of sports is an odd one. Other sites in the Ohio area were targeted as well.

Stewart purchased the half-mile track in 2004 and it now hosts a Camping World Truck Series race.

Back