Eldora

baze6727

I'm heading up to Eldora for the Dream this weekend and had a few questions. Last year when i went with my dad they told me they would let me in the pits this time with one parent signature, but next year they needed both there to sign. I was wondering if there was a way i could get a form or print one off or anything i could do to avoid that this year. Thanks everyone!

Well, typically, the pits are open to everyone during non-race hours. About an hour before the gates open, they clear the pits, and then only people with a pit pass can get in. During the races, I'm there to see the races, not wander the pits. I suggest going in when the track is open to everyone, at about 1pm or so. By then most drivers are up and about, and you can get autographs, pictures, etc.

Have fun at The Dream, I'll be there myself!!!!

First, I have never been to Eldora so please excuse the what some might think "stupid" questions.....

Is this a one or two day show? What days?

Can you just drive up there and then buy your tickets to get in or are the tickets bought in advance? I am sure they pack the stands.

How long of a drive to get up there from the St. Louis area?

I have heard this is an awesome race, would love to make it up there sometime. Does anyone have any more info or know where I could get some?

Thank you!

SPD RCR said:
First, I have never been to Eldora so please excuse the what some might think "stupid" questions.....

Is this a one or two day show? What days?

Can you just drive up there and then buy your tickets to get in or are the tickets bought in advance? I am sure they pack the stands.

How long of a drive to get up there from the St. Louis area?

I have heard this is an awesome race, would love to make it up there sometime. Does anyone have any more info or know where I could get some?

Thank you!

It's a two day show. Same format as the world. Qualifying and Non qualifiers races Friday night. Fastest 120 run 6 heats, consi's, and Feature on Saturday night.

Yes, you can just drive there and buy your tickets, especially for the Dream.

It takes about 5.5-6 hours from st. Louis. A little more if your towing something I'm sure.

If you have more questions let us know. There are several of us that have been going to Eldora for quite awhile. I've been going since 98.

sprintcar72 said:
Mother nature has forced cancellation of the Dream for this weekend. The Dream has been rescheduled for the week before the World!!!

That is NOT a correct statement. Rain forced the cancellation of the Prelude to the Dream (the race for the NASCAR drivers at Eldora) but the DREAM itself is still on as planned for Friday and Saturday nights.

slideways, thank you for the info!

Where is this located at, Ohio? Also, I know they are calling for rain this weekend around here. Has anyone heard a weather report for up there? If it should rain out say on Friday, would they do the show on Saturday and Sunday?

Also, since this is the Dream, when is the World? I have heard that is a really good race too.

World 100

The World 100 is scheduled for September 8-9 with the Prelude to the Dream rescheduled for September 6, i believe.

SPD RCR said:
slideways, thank you for the info!

Where is this located at, Ohio? Also, I know they are calling for rain this weekend around here. Has anyone heard a weather report for up there? If it should rain out say on Friday, would they do the show on Saturday and Sunday?
Yeah It Is In Rossburg Ohio

Thank you for all the info. Do they have a website were I could get more info on the races in September?

WOW, I was looking at buying tickets online for the World and this is almost like buying tickets for a NASCAR or Monster Jam event. Where do I even begin as far as seating goes? Do you suggest any certain areas over another or are they more then likely booked up and what ever I can get?

Tickets for the World 100....I suggest either the highest row you can get, as close to an aisle in either the North Bleachers (NA-NM) or the South Bleachers. I like to sit in section NJ, it has one of the best views (if you don't mind getting a little dirty). They have added two new sections to the south bleachers, I heard they are just as good as the north ones. If you're looking for particular tickets, I suggest you call and see what you can get, you can get specific seats that way. Also, if you are going to a big show between then and now, track down the people who sell the Dirt Digest magazines, they have World 100 tickets for sale also, in some good areas. I think they are headed to the U.S. Nationals at Cedar Lake Speedway next, and you can find them at some of the more high profile Summernationals events. Not at Pevely, however. Pevely's not very kind to outside concessioneers. *edit* Oh, just thought of one thing. If you do end up on the main grandstand, the row seating starts at 1 at the top, just to let you know. ;)

Also, Speedy Camping across the street is suggested. It typically runs $40 to $50 for a spot for the weekend. They have ice there ($2 a bag, or 3 bags for $5), rolling showers, and the most advanced chem-john bathroom system I've ever seen. And they keep them clean, too, mucking them out several times a day. For what they offer, plus the party, it's worth the $40.

the new stands in turn 2 lookk good thank you tony and crew ,the johns are bigger now and better make sure and take a fm radio and listen to the announcer on 87.5 it helps out a lot I still can't beleive they got it in and on time and lm23 or dirlslinger not a crate or spec motor in the house and yes a fan can tell

Back