Enfinger wins Southern Illinois 100 at DuQuoin; closes gap in championship chase...

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Enfinger wins Southern Illinois 100 at DuQuoin; closes gap in championship chase; clinches Bill France Four Crown - STLRacing.com - http://goo.gl/Wvw219

Enfinger wins Southern Illinois 100 at DuQuoin; closes gap in championship chase; clinches Bill France Four Crown
STLRacing.com
Grant Enfinger(DuQUOIN, Ill. – September 1, 2014) – Grant Enfinger claims he’s not a dirt track racer, but he could have fooled everyone today. Enfinger, in the No. 90 Motor Honey-Casite-Allegiant Travel Chevrolet, led 63 of 100 laps en route to Victory Lane in the 61st running of the Southern Illinois 100 presented by Federated Car Care at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds mile dirt Monday afternoon.Enfinger out-dueled Justin Boston on the final double-file restart and then held him off over the final 10 laps to secure his first win on dirt and sixth ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards victory of the season.“I screwed up on that second-to-last restart; I was bound and determined to do to him (Boston) what he did to me,” Enfinger said.Enfinger was referring to a restart just prior to the final one during which the eventual winner, who was leading at the time, chose the inside fro ...

Continue reading...

Back