"Enough about the cheating, It's all about getting thru the corners!"

36mmracer

Boyer Racing 52
The better and faster you can get thru the corners the more speed you will carry down the straights! Dirt track racing is done on ovals and the corners is the hardest part to get set up for, almost anyone :rolleyes: can drive a straight line. Horsepower is a plus, put if you can't get thru the turns smoothly your fighting a lossing battle. Get your race cars/trucks scaled by someone that knows what their doing and go from there. That is a good starting point. stock shocks, stock springs, no weight jacks, old tires, wrong gear and no steering qwickner = lossing :confused: ! If you wish to run in the "TOP-5" it will cost you $'s and envolve you doing your homework, no one ever got A's in school without doing their homework :eek: ! Bottom line is you don't have to cheat to win, I have proved that. If you don't beleive me it will only cost you $200 per item to find out. That's $200 you would have had to make your car/truck faster and not mine :D !
Best of luck to everyone and GOD BLESS! Oh yes, do your homework, Marty Boyer 52 RAMS

Marty you have some very good points, its all in the suspension, i drag race a dune buggy and over the winter we took out the torsion rear end and put in a solid rear end with 2 coil over shocks, the results was great i dropped .4/10 of a second in a 300 ft track never touched anything on the car but the suspension and what happed, well I to was tore down and just like all of these other people getting tore down (matt and Mark just to name a few recent ones) i to was found to be legal, i know there has been talk about a few mini stock getting tore down but before u shell out the money bc someone is a sore loser and cant stand to loose, sit back and look at thier cars, watch how it runs and how well they take the corners just as marty had said. I think u would find that 99% of the cars out there and legal. His point about not having to cheat to win is very well put. One other thing is some guys would put at much time it working and thinking what to do to make thier cars go faster as they wine about everyone else, then they could also run up at the top.

that is very true!!!! im ok on the staightaways but im a sitting duck in the corners. once i get up to speed i loose every bit of momentum in the corners. its getting better but not all the bugs are out yet. keep it up marty!!! great job.

You dont have to put up money. If you are certain people then you can talk to the track owner and have the "track" do it. Other people have to put up the money to have the others tore down. You know someone is cheating when they run like crap one week then run second the next week. Kind of funny.You did good Marty keep up the good work.

yeah marty it helps in the corner when somebody isn't in your rear:):) good racing friday night I saw you on the brakes to keep from hitting a few people... others need to learn what that middle pedal is for:):)

Thank you Marty. That is something that I preached over the winter. There are a few cars and trucks at DRR that I have been helping with handling and I am very impressed with the progress of these drivers. Good luck to all and see you all Friday........

I agree with ya

I know i havent made all that many races at DRR, but as far as big money in the suspension, believe it or not but i am running aftermarket coil springs on the front and that is it as far as suspension. No weight jacks, no race shocks, and i ran top 5, 2 weeks in a row. Suspension is the critical factor in the corners. All the horsepower in the world isnt going to do you any good if it cant be transfered to the ground. Something else, i dont change gears, i run the same set up for MCS as i do at DRR, just changed my air pressure a bit. Cant overdrive your car or truck, gotta drive the track and make adjustments there. Just my 2 cents worth. Oh ya Marty, next time ya fly by me, wave next time:D .

Marty's point is the exact reason the past three RAMS points champions won their championships! Jathon Cruse's truck in 2002 even had the engine tore down at Benton and inspected and found completely legal. That truck was always set up perfectly and Jathon and his dad always seemed to work extremely well together to get it set up right the next week. In 2003 Rick Ruch's Mustang always was the smoothes running vehicle on the track. You could always just watch how smooth it came in and out of the corners, pulling away from the competition. Then on the straights the more "powerful" cars would close in some but for the most part never enough. Then in 2004 once again it was a perfectly set-up car by Jon Reando and driven clean and fast by Jon Paul. When it came down to the final night Jon Paul and Ruch were still in the battle before Jon Paul put him away... Now this year, after watching the video tapes of the races at Doe Run, it's easy to see why Shannon has had such a fantastic season. His Pinto is properly set up and looks super quick in and out of the turns. Nope, Marty speaks the gospel here!!

By the way, Marty your truck really looks tough this year too. You always seem to get the most out of your vehicles and this year is no exception.

nightrider said:
that is very true!!!! im ok on the staightaways but im a sitting duck in the corners. once i get up to speed i loose every bit of momentum in the corners. its getting better but not all the bugs are out yet. keep it up marty!!! great job.
Hey I resemble that remark. LOL

Back