Eric Cooley Claims NeSmith National Title

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Fulton, MS (10/21/09) – Eric Cooley capped a season to remember with the NeSmith Late Model Series over the weekend as he claimed the 2009 NeSmith National Championship behind the wheel of his #33c Cooley Transport/Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer Crate Late Model.
Cooley Motorsports entered the first night of the NeSmith Late Model Series point's finale at South Mississippi Speedway in Gulfport, Mississippi on Friday night, October 16th. With 28 entries in action, Eric qualified fifth fastest to earn the pole position for his heat qualifier. Cooley would go on to finish second in the qualifier to transfer to the seventh starting position for the 40 lap feature event. During the course of the event, he would carefully maneuver his car to a fifth place finish, which guaranteed him the NeSmith National Championship by just taking the green flag in Saturday night's event.
Eric clinched the 2009 NeSmith National Late Model Series Title on Saturday night, October 17th at South Mississippi Speedway in Gulfport, Mississippi. Twenty-seven competitors entered the $3,000 to win, 50 lap event, and after qualifying 3rd fastest in time trials, Eric locked into the third starting position for the feature. He would go on to record a third place finish behind Mike Boland and Larry Boutwell to claim the $20,000 Series' Title, which is the first sanctioned title of his career!
“This has been an incredible year for me and our team. I cannot thank my family, crew, and fans enough for all of their endless support and hard work during the 2009 season. This title means the world to me,” commented Cooley.
Eric will take the upcoming weekend off from racing before returning to action next weekend, October 29th-31st, in the 6th Annual Cotton Pickin’ 100 at Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi. Cooley will be competing in the $2,500 to win NeSmith Crate Late Model division. For more information on the event, please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .
Eric and everyone at Cooley Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include 78 Towing & Recovery Inc., Cooley Transport Inc., D.J. Transportation (Blue Springs, MS), Twisted Designs (Fayette, AL), MSRMafia.com, and Simpson Race Products.
Cooley Motorsports is currently looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

For more information on Cooley Motorsports, visit the official team website at www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

Back