Eury Jr. fired

dirtgoon

'89 S-10, 350 Smallblock
Lance McGrew is Jr.s new pit boss. Something needs to shake the boy up. It's been a frustrating season more so than last year.

I'm a Dale Jr. fan but unless he can see better and hear better he will still continue to miss his pit box. The crew chief is part of it but it ain't all of it.

TTG/MM

The PROBLEM: Crew Chief-50% Dale Jr.-50%
Now that half the problem is gone, let's work on the second half!

Just like stick and ball sports

You can't fire the under performing so called star players, so fire the manager.

Brian #44

although the whole world something had to be done, it still is a shock. they aren't going to fire the driver, but this sure isn't gonna fix the problem, imo.

Dale Jr. is the most popular driver in the biz. However, he really hasn't done anything. Zero cup championships on his resume. He's on arguably the best team in NASCAR, if he can't win with Hendrick, who can he win with?

Would Hendrick dare fire Dale Jr.? As long as he can sell merchandise like he does, I say no.

I agree hes isnt the best driver out there but hes better then 2/3 of the drivers if not more hes got the wins to prove it some of the best drivers never win championships (mark martin) i think a new crew chief is a good idea but its sad to see one of the true nascar red necks go.

Dale Jr is a good driver dont get me wrong. However in my opinion he is by far the most overrated driver on the Cup series. Its not his fault though. The media and fans act like he has won 5 championships and 80 races. He's good, but not great. Hendrick will not fire him due to the cash flow he brings to the team.

Jr. is my favorite, but no he's not the best. I was talking about this Eury/jr situation with someone about a month ago. Wondering how long Rick Hendrick would wait before he made some kinda move. This family deal was only gonna go so far with Hendrick. Jr. is as capable as any to win races. Seems his teams biggest problem was finishing the deal. Even with DEI it just seemed they couldn't tune it during the races to make it better. Teams like the 48,24,18,99 ect... they can be junk and tune on the pit stops and win. Jr's team never seemed to get it done.

Back