Expected Sprint car count.

Just asking out of curiosity. Have you had any contact with the sprint drivers or teams? Have there been any commitments to run?

I figured Tommy would run. Just looking at the guys that run Farmington I can't come up with over about 10 cars from that group that might run. I doubt anyone further north then Farmington will pull down to Benton. There are some good cars north of Farmington but it gets to be a long pull. Knowing if they pull down they'll likely have to deal with Tommy, Joey and Tim every night. It will be a differant track but those guys are still going to be the cars to beat. Maybe Hull if he runs a car. I've not seen anything on Joe Reddick. Maybe he'll field a car. He's had good success at Benton. There isn't any cars south except for the 360 guys from the Memphis area. Again I don't think they'll want to pull all the way up here and have to deal with the guys mentioned above.
I really hope they can pull enough cars to draw the fans. I'd really like to see this work so we have 2 nights vs 1 night. I just don't see where the cars will come from. I wish them luck.

They should be ok with the other classes. But they'll have to have sprints to put fans in the stands. Every body else is running the other classes.

I don't know and haven't heard a thing. Strickly guessing! Maybe Steve Short, Keith Burch, Jason Keith, Doc Sloan, Bryan Matthews. Where is the Thompson car(s) from(Jackson)? Justin Adams? These are the guys that support other races in the area and they usually show up at Malden when they were running some sprint shows down there. You'd think Robbie Standridge would try to get in on the action. He pretty much dominated Benton when they were running head to head shows against Farmington.

I think maybe I meant Dustin Adams. Grap, now I am not sure either way........................Must be getting old. I see them run all the time. You'd think I could remember.

I don't know and haven't heard a thing. Strickly guessing! Maybe Steve Short, Keith Burch, Jason Keith, Doc Sloan, Bryan Matthews. Where is the Thompson car(s) from(Jackson)? Justin Adams? These are the guys that support other races in the area and they usually show up at Malden when they were running some sprint shows down there. You'd think Robbie Standridge would try to get in on the action. He pretty much dominated Benton when they were running head to head shows against Farmington.

Hey Dirt,

Robbie is running with Jerry Baker out of Marion, IL this season. He is taking over the ride of Alex Shanks. Don't know his schedule for the season, but I'm sure they will be running all the Midwest Sprint Car Series events. Baker and Shanks have held the title three years running. Yes, it would be great to see "The Rocket" back at Benton.

Hope to see you this season somewhere along the way.

Always Racin'

Mike

Back