Extreme Sportsman Challenge Series News

I would like to congratulate our last two Extreme Sportsman Challenge Series feature winners... Kenny Rumble at I-55 Raceway and Brad Paquet at Tri-City Speedway. Hard Charger Bonus went to Mark Bohenstihl at I-55 and Dennis Wernle was Hard Charger at Tri-City. Next race will be the Scott Wernle Memorial July 27th at Highland Speedway. See Dennis Wernle for T-Shirts for this event, all proceeds to benefit Scotts sons collage fund. Anyone wishing to sponsor this race let me know. This will be a $1000 to win. No race on July 31st.

Wow great deal!

Who says an allied car can't run with them bigger motors....lol... they've won on the two biggest tracks.

Im not for sure but hasnt that been 6 different drivers to win a race in all 6 races? Haynes Fredricktown, Bielong Highland, Russel Eilers Bellville, Ripperda Fredricktown, Rumble I-55, and now Paquet Tri-City. Thats pretty impressive in itself.

I have a question about the 1 car that Eilers ran at Tri-City and Highland over the weekend.

I believe it is a Late Model chassis with a camaro front stub. Not sure though.

Is this something new that the sportsman class is going to?? It just looks alot different than the other sportsman in that class.

JUST ASKING!!! Not trying to start anything.

These stub cars are not new lenny garsons one car is a stub car. Mt vernon and tri city used to run these all the time. At tricity they were the late models when seets and utley ran the pennzoil truck there. Mt vernon always called them sportsman. Its just new to highland but there has always been a few to run there at few times in a givin year.

I have a question about the 1 car that Eilers ran at Tri-City and Highland over the weekend.

I believe it is a Late Model chassis with a camaro front stub. Not sure though.

Is this something new that the sportsman class is going to?? It just looks alot different than the other sportsman in that class.

JUST ASKING!!! Not trying to start anything.
It is latemodel chassis w/camaro stub. It has been stretched to 108" and must run stack leaf rear suspension. Probably 75% of the sportsman around the country are of this configuration. It's far from a crate latemodel

indeed these are a true sportsman sometimes called a pro stock or super street . its about time the rules allowed these cars back again.....

my car has been around since 92,it may have started life as a UMP econo late model,its not a light car by any means as it has a completely fabracated rear clip with stacked leafs,,i bought the car off mike null in the early 2000s,i ran it as a late model for a while (it had wide 5 hubs all around) but 4 or 5 years ago i took off the wide 5 hubs and installed 5x5..the former promoter at highland let stub cars run but switched to full frame cars,,my car was grandfathered in by charlie and by scott but the the rule at hiland was changed this year to let stub cars run..most local sportsman are unique to this area..ALSO,,allied will allow you to scabb on a camaro front clip to your chevelle or metric chassis..

Back