Extreme Sportsman Series "Hell Week" Wrap Up

First, I want to congratulate the the 10 drivers that made all 3 races, Russel Eilers, Ryan Eilers, Gary Haynes, Jon Ripperda, Dennis Wernle, Jimmy Cummins, Mark Bohnenstihl, Mark Pflueger, CJ Simpson and Allen Geiseking. All of these guys are in a class by themselves, they battled thru adversity and a tough week and did not QUIT! We had three different feature winners with modified ace Brian Bielong filling in for Aaron Melton in the #441 taking the checkers just ahead of Russel Eilers at Highland Speedway. The 23 of Dennis Wernle starting from the 17th position would finish 6th to earn the Summerfield Autobody "Hard Charger" bonus. Eilers dashed Bielongs hopes of going back to back at Belle-Clair Speedway when he made the pass late in the race to claim the victory. The 45 of CJ Simpson would start 18th on the grid and work his way up to the 8th spot to claim the Lonnies Tire and Auto Inc. "Hard Charger" money. Going in to night three at Fredericktown Raceway it looked like Russel Eilers was poised to claim the Wood-Smith Steel "Hell Week" $300 bonus with Bielong not in attendance. After a tight battle early with the 196 of Jon Ripperda, Eilers stretched his lead out and looked to be cruising to the win when disaster would strike in the form of debris from another race car. Eilers would be forced to the infield, giving up not only the lead to Ripperda but also the $300 bonus and his 31 point lead in the series to his brother Ryan Eilers. Ripperda would hold off the charge of Ryan Eilers to claim his first Extreme Sportsman Challenge Series feature win. The 23b of Mark Bohnenstihl would start 13th and finish 8th to bank the Extreme Race Cars "Hard Charger" award. July schedule will be

July 3 I-55 Raceway
July 9 Tri-City Speedway
July 27 Highland Speedway

Top 20 in points
1 Russel Eilers 239
2 Ryan Eilers 239
3 Gary Haynes 222
4 Jon Ripperda 214
5 Dennis Wernle 208
6 Jimmy Cummins 172
7 Mark Bohnenstihl 163
8 Mark Pflueger 154
9 CJ Simpson 152
10 Brian Bielong 145
11 Allan Geiseking 130
12 Denny Tribout Jr. 90
13 Jason Keller 88
14 Cory Ford 81
15 Jeff Herzog 75
16 Chuck Goodman 71
17 Trey Harris 65
18 Chuck Adams 60
19 Robbie Eilers 60
20 Stu Springer 60

Mt. Vernon has announced at the last 3 consecutive driver's meetings that they will be running super lates and a full track points show on Thursday July 29th and will not be racing at all on Saturday July 31st.

Sometimes I hear things incorrectly, but I suggest you give Rick a call to clarify.

TK

Back