Fair race at salem

Outlaws

Yes and whatever you guys want to run. This fair race is for you guys, and the fans. Just want a good show.
We planned to run whatever 2 strokes and outlaws we get together.

Any more Questions just let me know.
Thanks, Mike

1.) What is payout this year...will it be the same as last year?

2.) Is the track going to have longer straights this year and no banking like I have heard or will it be the same?

3.) Will it be possible to run lights and mediums if one chooses to do so?

Can someone post details about this race?

When?
Where?
Entry fees?
Pay outs?

Thanks,
Tobias

i think this is what you guys are looking for............

Just wanted to start gettin the word out.
Once again they will be having a kart race at the fair. They considered last year a pretty good success, and hope to make this year go a little better.
This year..flat track..no stock animals..good scale..more tech..Mo money!
Marion Co. Fair Grounds (Salem, IL.)
Wed. July 30,2008
Gates open @ 5pm, Hot Laps @ 6:30, Races start @ 7pm
Pill draw ends @ 6:30
WKA & IKF rules apply
$150 plus to Win All Classes (with min. 6 karts)
with 100% payback (halfway back)
Otherwise 100 % payback halfway back
General Addmission (bleachers) $5, Reserve seat (Sadium style seat) $7
Pitpass $10
Entry Fee $15 (Total $25 goes toward 100% payback)
Classes are:
Rookie purple plate 265#
Junior Gold plate 300#
Lights 325#
Medium 350#
Heavy 375#
Open class (2cycle-4 cycle) #to be det. ?
I think we had 34 karts last year..some entered twice also. Hope to have a good turn out again. Like to help keep spreadin the word about karting and maybe draw in a few more racers or at least fans.

Thanks to all who came last year. Hope to see you all again.
Any questions feel free to write me here or call me at 618-237-1428.
Thanks and good luck to all, Mike E.

hey kdawg they are lettn us run adult classes we r runnin lights i no maybe mediums too

WELL!!!!!!! If Wheeler can run the adult classes then I guess Brandon should be able to run them also. Who should i talk to be make this happen? Brandon is 13 yrs old, but will be 15 yrs old sept. 2009

Hey!!!!!, I know how old you are. Ask Topdog what the rules are. Seems he knows them all, and thinks I don't know any. I've been in gokart racing over 15 years.

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok lets all just calm down...... here's the deal the track is not big enough so an 8 year old could run adult and be ok. but you cannot break the rules for one and not the other based on experience otherwise anyone that is under 15 that has practiced without a plate could be justified. Rules are rules... i have no stake in this, just thaught I would throw my opinion out there in case anyone cared;)

Has Brandon ever been mixed in with and ran with lights???

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I wouldn't let him run with adults anyway. Not old enough and not ready. I was just trying to prove a point, also if you moved up and race in adult class , you can't move back down. So tell me what class was he going to run at Bellerive Friday night before we got rained out?????? Plus I was just joking around, so everyone should lighten up.

Back