Fans...MCS...or all Tracks???

kyleaver33

I have started to notice fans booing some of the drivers out at MCS and It is relevant when I sit in the grand stands that they want anyone but a certain driver to win. It seems as if they think that all drivers in the pits hate eachother and that they are complete enemies on and off the track...

Does anyone see this happening at there home Tracks...?????

...If anyone can back me up this is not the case at all

Drivers and there crews are usually friends with one another. granted not in all cases, but most of the time... I always see drivers asking other drivers for opinions and even help finding a certain broken part...

There is fans at every track that have favorites and drivers they hate. I doubt MCS is the only track fans yell boo for drivers.

mcs

been to MCS for 2 seasons, w/ Randy Hanks.. When i went there, and what we miss most is the fans, 95 percent was wonderful. We had a great time at MCS only because of the fans. That was the only place every little kid there wanted everyones signature. Thats what got most of the drivers excited and they couldnt wait for at the end of the night. Them kids at mcs were wonderful as were the adults. We have raced Tricity and Highland, and i have yet to see one kid ask for an auto graph from any of the drivers... Im sure theres a few but not as many as MCS had. Owell...But i am sure there was BOOING back when i went...im almost positive. but not as much as if you were to go to highland or tri-city...

JMO

Kayte

If it is for a driver that wins all the time that happens at every track not just MCS. If your being booed it probably means he is a good driver for example JEFFGORDEN.

I Think There Are Some Of These People At All Tracks. I Have My Favorites And I Have Some Guys I Don't Care For. I Root For My Friends Just Like Anyone Else. But, I Don't Root For Someone Else To Have Bad Luck I Root For My Favorites To Have Good Luck. Hoping And Cheering For Someone To Wreck, Break Or Whatever, I Feel Comes Back On Ya'.

personally Its been a goal of mine since I started racing. Being Booood is a sign of great success. Unless its because of dirty driving of course. Usually those drivers dont last at a track the long term, a year or two at most. AS far as MCS they definatly have the best fans. And most of the participants are pretty nice too. and allways supportive.

PITDRIFTER said:
I Think There Are Some Of These People At All Tracks. I Have My Favorites And I Have Some Guys I Don't Care For. I Root For My Friends Just Like Anyone Else. But, I Don't Root For Someone Else To Have Bad Luck I Root For My Favorites To Have Good Luck. Hoping And Cheering For Someone To Wreck, Break Or Whatever, I Feel Comes Back On Ya'.

AMEN!!! What goes around comes around!!!!

And yes it happens at other tracks also unfortunatley. Very Very childish! I agree cheer hard for who you like. But to boo or cheer when someone crashes is way un-cool. Now if you cheer to yourself that's all cool :D No one hears and know one knows !!! :p Sounds like same stuff different tracks!!! :)

Just like the real world

Being a race fan is just like every other part of life. The karma you put out is eventually going to return. If you put out negativity it will return tenfold. Take my word as one who has seen.

It Does

I know of a group of people that cheer and such when people wreck or break when it benefits their driver, and surprise, they always have bad luck.

I have been going to MCS since the beginning. The only time I have ever seen a driver be booed is when they were down right dirty on the track. A good driver is one that can come from the back to the front without hitting anyone. Rubbing is racing and that is ok, but if you were being booed, those fans probably saw something that they thought was dirty driving.

I also have been at MCSW since the first race thru July 4. I do miss watching Frankel, Collins and the others race. Yes some get booed but at one time or the other most drivers will get booed. Booing is just as much a part of racing as it is in all Sports including Football and Baseball
Ben

The most boos I've heard at MCS is when Boyer tried to throw Mel off the back of his car a few years ago.

I've been to a lot of differnt tracks in my short life and find that booing happens at all tracks. I don't think a lot of people think about the time, money and effort that goes into getting a car ready to race for the fans. I know as a kid I didn't know this and only cared if my fav. driver won. Now that I totally understand raceing and all that is involed things are much differnt. The only time I belive that someone desvered been booed was Boyer. Thanks to all the drivers who allow us to have this great sport.

He only lived through that because Mel saw to it that no one touched him. I was the third person to the car when it stopped and Mel saved him from a terrible beating by other drivers. He did deserve to be boooood.

Mcs

The people at MCS have been some of the nicest people I have met. The drivers and crews have been friendly as well as the track staff. The kids meeting drivers is so neat. They really do enjoy them and look forward to that. I was one of those kind of kids many years ago at Lake Hill. Now I am a sponsor. I think the way the pit area is set up makes it easier for parents and kids to visit with drivers after the races. As far as booing is concerned, there is no place for it. I always clap for those who win. I hate to see anyone torn up. It is costly and takes a lot of time to repair. When three or four cars are all going for the same slot they know only one can make it and they risk getting torn up, it's part of the sport. Everyone wants to win! Just want to say that I will be back next year. Thanks to all those who drive, sponsor, pit, and Mel and the MCS staff for doing their part to make racing so much fun!:)

booing

i completely disagree mcs is an amazing track and by far has the most amzing and supported fans you can find ya every now and then you see it but that is everywhere i have been to alot of different tracks and mcs is the most family oriented track i am a fan and a racer's daughter people get mad but that is part of racing and they get over it that is the whole thing about being a fan everyone has their good nights and bad nights and the drivers for the mopst part get along
always shannon :cool:

Back