Farmer City Sportsman $600 To Win This Friday

Farmer city sportsman to pay $600.00 to win this friday.I know they run more tire and engine than you St.Louis area sportsman.But we have had 8 inch tire cars from highland run good at macon and cars from Kamp on 8 inch tires win races at Farmer City. Come race with the UMP Sportsman point leader.

I thought the only rule in ump sportsman from track to track was we have to run emods? What tires do you guys run? Bopper

Actually......

Mike Petersak won 3 in a row in 05 against the now UMP Sportsman point leader, and did it on an 8" e-mod tire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So whats up????

Any takers on 600.00 to win against the UMP Sportsman point leader or what?n In case you didnt know that's "The Pleasant Plains Flyer", a many time track champion in the Sportsman/Limited Late Model class, and if you think your good, you really need to be there! If you want to see how you stack up against some of the best in the Midwest, this is the place to be!

The fast guys are on soft or med 10 inch hoosiers.there have been 8 inch tires win features there .I am not sure about spoilers.I will talk to don and ask him thursday and post .Maybe he would let the 2bbl cars run a spoiler? Gear somewhere between a 6.00 to 6.50, also read something about a hard charger award $100.00 And I will give a case of Brad Penn racing oil, 20W50 to the highest finisher in each heat who is not in the top 30 in Farmer city sportsman points.

bopper said:
I thought the only rule in ump sportsman from track to track was we have to run emods? What tires do you guys run? Bopper

THATS WHAT I WAS WONDERING. I THOUGHT UMP SPORTSMAN HAD TO HAVE E MODS ON THE REAR AT LEAST AFTER JULY 1ST????????????

So in other words, you wont be there, pitdrifter????????????

I have seen a car from the Danville area win 3 in a row with his 8" tires and many more run to the front1 There has also been a certain Street Stock driver race against these same cars and run in the top 5 and almost beat em all once!!!!!!!!!

Sportsmanfan said:
Farmer city sportsman to pay $600.00 to win this friday.I know they run more tire and engine than you St.Louis area sportsman.But we have had 8 inch tire cars from highland run good at macon and cars from Kamp on 8 inch tires win races at Farmer City. Come race with the UMP Sportsman point leader.

I guess to come run against people with more tire and more engine as you put it is like going to a gun fight with a sling shot...... Why would you torture yourself like that LOL!!!! :)

She said "I guess to come run against people with more tire and more engine as you put it is like going to a gun fight with a sling shot...... Why would you torture yourself like that LOL!!!! :)"

Well better tell Bill Knebel he has a sling shot. He came and ran with us and has a win :) and a second:) :D .

On another note I talked with Farmer City officials they said no spoilers,He did confirm hard charger award $100 to he who passes the most cars in the feature.

If that is the case, Mike Petersak had a butter knife!

He won on leafs and 8" tires, but then again Petersak isnt SKEERED of anything!!!!!!!! I always heard the better the competition, the better you run!!! Someone better tell J/SMOOTH to quit taking his STREET STOCK(8" tires, stock style rear susp., no pull bar etc, and 3100lbs) car to MACON and racing against these same cars and finishing in the top 6, including a 3rd, cuz he has no chance!!!!!!!!!! The 3rd place finish was after starting dead last, yep 18th, in a 15 lap race! But I always say if your SKEERED, just say your SKEERED! He is the UMP point leader after all, and you probably wouldn't be able to beat him anyway!

It's not just the tires and leafs alot of it has to do with the motors that are ran. Skeered no. Smart yes. Gas 3.00 a gallon. You just don't go haul somewhere anymore like the good ole days. J/Smooth kinda like you made in the post why you guys were not at the Vern the other night for their show. I think drivers have to make smarter decisions as to where they go and how far they haul these days. Not all are funded the way we'd like to be.

But I do have to give the track credit for having a very nice purse for these guys in this class. They should have a piece of the pie as well. Wish you guys luck in your show hope it's a success.... :)

J/SMOOTH was sorry he didn't go, but......

I can only tell him what I think! I thought Rick would have 30 cars and pay a cool grand. I didn't think Chucktown would have 20, as it turned out they didn't, they paid 500, and he could of had 1000 bucks! The UMP point leader went to Fairbury last week to run the Curt Piercy Memorial 40 lap race, after racing on monos and coilovers on Friday, they changed all the shocks and put on stacked leafs to go defend his title as he had won it in 05! I know you dont think it is a big deal for a stacked leaf car to run against 3 bar cars, but it is when you only run em 1 time a year! I would like to see the best cars in the nation go to other tracks and race the point leaders! I know some like to take the easy route and do their regular deal where as some like to chase the leader, JMO! This would be a great night to do it!

Back