farmington

son just called me from farmington a sprint car went over the wall in turn 4 by the tires an in the pits ,redflaged the race.

Not looking good!

son just called me from farmington a sprint car went over the wall in turn 4 by the tires an in the pits ,redflaged the race.

Have brough in 2 Air vac coptors an son said the coroner was there. A mam with a scanner said 6 hurt & may be worse.

it was reported on channel 2 news that the car went into the stands. this is never a good thing, and pray for those involved.

We are praying for all involved, including families. Both of the guys that were evaced out were from one team. At last word they were coherent and stable when they left, but one chopper had to land in Festus instead of going on to Stl. Not sure what happened in flight. Hoping to hear more soon.

from Fox 2's website...

4 hurt, at least one seriously, when race car jumps eastern Mo. track
By Associated Press
9:56 PM CDT, June 20, 2009

FARMINGTON, Mo. (AP) — The driver of a race car and three other people watching the race have been injured when the car collided with a competitor and jumped off the track.

The accident happened Saturday night at St. Francois Raceway in Farmington.

Park Hills police Lt. Doug Bowles said one of the spectators was seriously injured. Details about the injuries to the racer and two other spectators were not immediately available.

Two of the injured people were airlifted to hospitals in St. Louis, about 70 miles to the northeast.

The track holds races every Saturday night during the summer. Following the accident, the rest of the evening's events were canceled.

Bowles said this is the first accident he could recall involving spectators at the raceway.

Not sure that info is totally true. I talked to my uncle on the phone about 10 and he said they were having a drivers meeting and were about to start up again. Unless they changed there minds after that, they were going to finish the races.

Channel 2 was confusing. They said the car started to flip end-over-end and went through the fence near the pit gate. The spectators were not supposed to be there.

The crash happened going into turn 3, just past where the cars exit the track. One car jumped the RR of another and flipped over the fence right where the tires and big concrete blocks are that people stand on to watch the races.

God Speed Dennis

Dennis the long time friend of Robbie Standridge and crew member of Joe@Jodie Reddick 12x did sadly pass away this evening, Will have word on Lonnie or Lonzo to sum as the night goes on.

Back