fast boy set up

flyinryan

looking for a fast boy set up ,mostly the bracket that goes on the rr that that the shock mounts are on and mono thx

You need to do some more research. The shock and spring mount solidly to the rear on a normal 2 link type mount seperate from the mono. Come out to tri city if you wanna see what this setup does. If I can get the 3-4 foot wheelie out of it and get er to turn she'll be badfast.

bracket and mono

thanks for your reply.yes i know it mounts solid to the rear i might not of explained myself correctly i am looking for the bracket and the mono leaf but i found a place were i can get them both .although i still dont know a whole lot about the set up .it is my understanding that it is a good dryslick setup and doesnt take a lot of hp to make it work any advice would greatly be appreciated. thx

I have a genuine fastboys car for sale. Thats the only way you would get all my info. Its a totally different beast than anything you've ever seen and if you dont understand the concept you'll never figure it out.

You can go onto 4m sight and there is a post on the Fastboys leaf spring set ups. That or you can call Scooter May. He is the best in the whole wide world on this subject. Especially for the Fastboys cars. If you call him tell him Dirtgirl said hello.... Then listen to him belly roll ...... LOL!!!!!
Hey CC where is that post at now since they changed the web sight around?

Its on there still. Scooter wont respond to anybody, or answer his phone, or return calls. Every car is different, I'm finding, and the #'s for the fastboys are not even close to my hassy. Very difficult to learn.

He won't ??? I just talked to him last week. He must have you on the IGNORE LIST :eek: :eek: :eek: :D J/K I could not resist ! ;)

What type of chassis are you driving? I agree every car is different. The motor and driver and driving style has alot to do with it as well......

Possibly, called from a couple different numbers. I have spoken to him on a few occasions. I know he doesnt want just anybody calling. You guys have also been dealing with him for about 10 years now. I'm getting her figured, everything is just so different with the cage being 6-8" taller, just a totally different car.

Hey Cory, that Pro you sold me is finally hittin' the track Friday nite. I don't have the complete Fastboys set-up on it yet, seeing how the driver is as green as they get in mods(not me). Hopefully, he'll get a handle on 'er soon and then we'll float it.

thanks for your info guys ,i think we will figure it out ,the driver we got can adapt to about anything we throw at him.will know more tomorrow night thanks

tilley88 said:
Hey Cory, that Pro you sold me is finally hittin' the track Friday nite. I don't have the complete Fastboys set-up on it yet, seeing how the driver is as green as they get in mods(not me). Hopefully, he'll get a handle on 'er soon and then we'll float it.
good for you guys! when your ready to go to the next level let me know, its really hard to get ahold of and adapt to different cars.

We gotta wait til Sunday to race now. They rescheduled due to extreme heat and thunderstorms. I'll let ya know how it goes.....Jeff.

tilly,i bought the pedal setup off you a while back.i as well had that pro at one time,good car.glad to see it on track!

Thanks! My dad bought the car and has'nt seen it since we finished it. Man, he's in for a shock! This thing looks good and I was really surprised with the scale numbers we got for an older chassis. The only thing we gotta do to it to go full-tilt Fastboys is put on the floater, shackles, and the re-arched stack. Once the driver feels comfortable drivin' 'er in deep, we'll go full-tilt.

hey cc 28 leaf springs are for friggin dump trucks and water trucks ,get with the times . get a 4-bar car......their is some math to do but i THINK you can do it.if you wont do that just put a add a leaf to the left rear :D:D:D:D

Pat this setup would be perfect for you, it requires a ton of left side weight. Just kidding, love ya. When I get er dialed in me and Gary will have a match race, 1 on the moist, 1 on the dry.

Got a 6th place finish Sunday. Not bad right off the trailer with a new car and green driver. Had to start in the back of the feature because a high end miss took us out of the heat. But we got it figured out (loose HEI module wiring) right before the main. Since this was a daytime race the track got slicker than normal, and Malden gets pretty slick to begin with. The car had pretty good forward bite all the way around the track. Had alot of people come look at the set-up once they heard that we were on leafs. We're gonna go full-tilt in 2-3 weeks.

Back