Fastest ATV in Big River history...

Millsey

I found this photo of Rob Selander of Osage Beach (at the time). He posted the fastest times for ATV's in the history of Big River. Unfortunately, I can't find the official times that was posted.

Attachments

• RobSelander.jpg
    RobSelander.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 220
I thought I remember Him being a lot faster than that (like 3 teens), but I can't remember any numbers. From my memory there was only one weekend where he ran deep into the 3's. I do remember him running one pass that was 100 mph +/-. But hey, I was like an early teenager at the time, that is the way I remember it.

Jeff
I thought his(Rob Selander) time was 3.76 and was broke by John Conner with a 3.57 last season

Archie

That wasn't Selander's time he broke. We couldn't find the time, but like Daniel said, Selander's (and his buddy) were running in and around 3.2.. That's just crazy on an ATV.. He scared the hell out of me when he ran.

After thinkin about it, the number that seems to stick out it my head is a 3.11 at like 102. But, it is pretty foggy.

I went back to read some of the old news stories I wrote back then and like an idiot I never listed any times. For some reason we never really seemed to care about that kind of thing. I'm sure that was mainly my fault because I hadn't been covering any kind of drag racing event and just felt lucky to get some of the information I got. Remember, I was working with John McCullough at the time.... LOL...
Now that the subject has come up, I'm going to do some investigating to see if I can get those numbers.

Hey Daniel, did you get a little snow...... LOL We got less than an inch here...

Yeah we got a little bit. I think there is about 6in or so right now. it is starting to taper off a little. trying to find time to make it to the parents' house and fire up the snowmobile! the "freeze line" was just south of STL. I think our norther friends in Quincy got quit a bit more than we did.

Back