fastrack modifieds

dickc

I heard talk the last few weeks that this idea about fastrack trying an openwheel crate class. Does anyone know it there is any truth to the rumor?

dickc said:
I heard talk the last few weeks that this idea about fastrack trying an openwheel crate class. Does anyone know it there is any truth to the rumor?

It seems like creating a crate modified class would be completely counter- productive to the whole FASTRAK concept. The idea is to create an affordable LM class for the support class racers, i.e. the sportsman, mod, ss, etc. to move up into. Wouldn't a crate modified class just be cutting their own throat by dimishing the potential pool of future FASTRAK LM racers?

Maybe, unless they have the same motor rules. Then you could move up to the late models easier. You would not have to sell your old motor.

But is it true or are people just talking?

Is that not why their is certain levels of modified cars,for example.."A mod" and "B mod"and IMCA and that Wissota Mod and the rest of them.Anybody can already find a mod class to fit a budget minded racer

But..it would be nice to have a unified b mod style class..where you can run for national points..get mod experience..and have some fun.

dickc said:

I think they should get their Late Model program lined out before they try to do anything else! JMO

Back