Fastrak Natonal Championship Locations

imaracinfool

Press Release: To all Press
PR Department Fastrak Racing Series
(Wythe Raceway, Rural Retreat VA)

Finally, the announcement the entire country has been waiting on!! The $250,000 - $50,000 to win Fastrak Dirt Late Model Grand National Championship locations!!

In what had to be the most anticipated announcement of the 2006 season in motorsports, the locations of the Fastrak Dirt Late Models Grand National Championship is finally here. There have been more guesses, more betting and who knows what else as the location has been kept secret just as the management of the Fastrak Racing Series promised it would be. “This is absolutely incredible” stated Founder Stan Lester. “I can’t ever remember anything be more talked about than this Championship. No one knew the real location of the three day shoot out except me. The tracks that were aware of it didn’t really know until Friday night. They knew we were in negotiations, but no one really knew for sure. I won’t disclose how we did that. I will just say everyone was guessing until today. I have had calls from Oregon, to Delaware, to Alabama and everywhere this morning. I told everyone the same thing. Call me at 10:00 P:M Eastern time and then you will know”.

“I think everyone really appreciates the fact that we kept this a secret” stated Lester. “The three day event has been delayed for one week due to several factors. The NASCAR race at Lowes is October 14th. “Considering the Supers are racing at Lowes that week and the NASCAR race that Saturday is a night race along with large Super Late Model events all over the country the same week, we chose to delay our event to the following weekend, so fans and drivers were not forced to make a decision on coming to the Grand Nationals or going somewhere else. All of the tracks involved were in 100% agreement of the decision. This just gives the Fastrak Teams one more week for preparation and that never hurts anything” said Lester. “This is the largest event most of our teams have ever participated in and running for $50,000.00 to win the National Points Championship needs to be as easy as possible for all of our teams to participate”.

Night one October 19th, Volunteer Speedway, Bulls Gap TN. 50 (Lap Main)

Night Two: October 20th, Riverside Speedway, Travelers Rest SC (50 Lap Main)

Night Three: October 21st, Lancaster Speedway, Lancaster SC (100 Lap Main and Grand Finale)

Open Practice: October 18th, Volunteer Speedway, Bulls Gap TN (Shock Seminar 1:00 Ohlins Suspension Technology)

Track Facts:

Volunteer Speedway, Bulls Gap TN
4/10 mile, 34 degrees of banking, hard packed red-yellow clay mix, sweeping turns

Riverside Speedway, Travelers Rest SC
3/8 mile, 14 degrees of banking, loose surface, red clay, sweeping turns

Lancaster Speedway, Lancaster SC
½ mile, tacky very red clay, tight turns

Promoters Quotes About the Championship:

Volunteer Speedway:

Track Owners Joe and Phylliss Lovern. “We couldn’t believe it when Stan contacted us. We thought everything was done for 2006 and “the Gap” was out of the running until 2007. All of a sudden Stan came by our house to let us know we could have night one if we wanted it. Heck yea we want it” said Mrs. Lovern. “The only thing I want to know is how do we get all three nights? After hearing Stan’s answer I think he really is on the right track doing it this way. Three completely different size and configurations of tracks will give you a “true” National Champion. That really is the way it should be. Although we would love to have it all, this will make a great championship. Stan has put a lot of thought into this and this should be one of the best events of the entire 2006 season in the country. Fastrak has really been beneficial for us this year stated” Joe Lovern. “Last year we had about 16 cars every week. Now with the Fastrak weekly sanction we have averaged over 24 cars all year long. I want to make “The Gap” one of he best known tracks in this country and having day one of the “Fastrak Grand Nationals” will really help our speedway to accomplish that. I like the fact that Ohlins shocks will be here on Weds with a shock seminar to help all the teams. This will make everyone better. Can you even imagine almost a 100 cars at the Gap”?

Riverside Speedway:

“How in the world did Stan keep this a secret” said track owner Curtis Teems. I don’t see how he did it. I called and asked Stan again and again where it was and he just wouldn’t answer me. I can’t believe he really kept it quite all year long. It’s almost funny now to think I kept calling wanting to know, then Stan called me and asked if we wanted day two. I had to laugh. This is something like our area has never seen before. We were the second track Fastrak ever raced at since they started in 2004. Now I see how things work with Fastrak. The told me it would work out for me one day, just to give them a chance. I guess now they are returning the favor. There wasn’t any such thing as a crate late model touring series in the country! I have to admit, I never dreamed we would really be considered for one of the events. Stan and his crew have done a fine job in building this series”.

Lancaster Speedway:

Track owners Doug and Sharon McMannis were all smiles as the announcement was made to them from Series Founder Lester. “I think this will be the single greatest thing that has ever happened to Lancaster Speedway” said Doug McMannis. This track has been consistently open for racing since 1954. We have actually had NASCAR races here in 1957 and 1958 and the “Fastrak Grand Nationals” will be the single largest event we have ever hosted. Our fans are “wound tight” in anticipation of some kind of announcement. Our internet site has been burning up with fans wanting this event here. Stan was quick to say that one of the deciding points of making his decision to have the final night of the Grand Nationals here was because of our fans. Circle Track magazine did a special section of us and they were quoted as saying “if you can run in the top five at Lancaster, you can win anywhere else in the country”. I really hope to see Circle Track Magazine here for this event. We are so excited about having the final event here, we are panting all the walls, putting up new flags everywhere and also panting the bathrooms and grandstands if we don’t run out of time. It looks like all the improvements we have made at our track will really pay off with this event. I think this place will be standing room only. If anyone has made a racing series work, it has been Fastrak. I think the things they have done with this series has been almost unbelievable. They have really come a long way in a very short period of time. I mean who would have ever though crate engine late model racing could have gone to this level and especially in this short period of time. I really think the management of Fastrak has taken their time in thinking about this event. Three tracks in three days is as perfect as anyone could have done it. Every track is very different form the others and will bring out a true National Champion. Sharon and I just can’t wait. This really is exciting. Keeping the location secret is something I would have never dreamed of. I don’t know how Stan did it really. You wait until this Championship race is over. This will be the single largest event for dirt track racing in 2006!

More details and host hotel information coming soon. Please keep this in mind as hotels will be filling up fast.

The Fastrak Dirt Late Models Grand Nationals!! $250,000 total and $50,000 to win the National Points Fund. Three days, three tracks, for all the dough! Teams from Oregon, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Indiana, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina. Almost 100 dirt late models expected for this event. What a week of racing!

COME ON MIDWEST TEAMS!!!! JOIN US FR THE FUN & EXCITEMENT OF ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING DIRT TRACK EVENTS OF 2006. HOPE TO SEE ALL OF YOU

Fastrack National Championship

Come On Down Midwest Teams To The Best Tracks In South Carolina. You Will See The Best Tracks, Fans, And Announcers Anywhere In The Us. I Can Honestly Say That Lancaster Motor Speedway Is An Excellent Track. The Fans At Lancaster Are The Best. You'll Be Excited Just By Watching Our Fans Cheering You On. The Announcer At Lancaster cannot be compared to anyone else. He Gets Our Fans So Excited That They Can't Even Sit Down. South Carolina Will Welcome You Whole Heartedly. When You've Finished The Championship Race You'll Look Back And Wish It Wasn't Over. You Won't Be Ready To Leave The Excitement Of Racing At Lancaster Motor Speedway.

Christina

Come On Down Midwest Teams To The Best Tracks In South Carolina. You Will See The Best Tracks, Fans, And Announcers Anywhere In The Us. I Can Honestly Say That Lancaster Motor Speedway Is An Excellent Track. The Fans At Lancaster Are The Best. You'll Be Excited Just By Watching Our Fans Cheering You On. The Announcer At Lancaster cannot be compared to anyone else. He Gets Our Fans So Excited That They Can't Even Sit Down. South Carolina Will Welcome You Whole Heartedly. When You've Finished The Championship Race You'll Look Back And Wish It Wasn't Over. You Won't Be Ready To Leave The Excitement Of Racing At Lancaster Motor Speedway.

Christina
hey christina

can you get some locals to help sponsor some the guys from the midwest ? we are trying to get 2 or 3 to come together it would help us a lot to come and we want to go. it would be news on the national level local help local racers from another state come race with their locals.
good heart warming story

Back