FASTRAK-New 'Super Late Model'

fastrakpr

New design ‘Super Late Model’ to be “unveiled” at FASTRAK Points Banquet!

©2008 FASTRAK Racing Series. All rights reserved
Carnesville, GA (Dec-31)The annual FASTRAK National Points Banquet being held at the Sheraton Music City hotel in Nashville TN on Saturday January 24th is known nationally as the venue whereby FASTRAK Grand National Champions, National Weekly Champions and Regional Champions are acknowledged and presented tremendous sums of money for their accomplishments. The Grand National Champion alone, Royce Bray, will be awarded over $50,000 in cash and prizes.

Seminars will take place during the week starting with Regional Directors on Thursday, Weekly Tracks Friday and race teams on Saturday. Saturday will also be the day of the technical seminars for weekly tracks across the country. The awards banquet will take place in the evening honoring all that come.

This year, at the very end of the points banquet comes what may be the biggest announcement of all with the “unveiling” of a brand new type of Super Late Model. A somewhat radical looking Super Late Model that will no doubt be aerodynamically superior to the current configuration car. To balance it off, will be a new 417 CU IN all aluminum power plant producing 800 + HP and selling for a projected $18,000.00.

The new Super Late Model engine program will involve aftermarket manufacturers and engine builders throughout the country allowing everyone to participate in the program starting in 2010. As many as 4 cars will be debuting with the FASTRAK “crate” Late Model Series in the Southeast United States at touring events during 2009 with a scheduled (3) $10,000 to win races happening closer to the end of the 2009 season for the new style cars. Sponsors and investors have stepped forward to make sure the three races will happen in 09.

“I was surprised” said Series Founder Stan Lester. “Surprised that word got out about the new car at PRI and people flooded our booth. My goal was to only show the cars in 09 but not actually have events until 2010. When sponsors and investors started stepping forward to support the venture, they wanted to do it NOW! We will still take our time and make sure everything is 100% correct before we actually release them to the public. We are not taking any chances here. Two engine packages will be utilized during the year with both a 430 CU IN version and a 417 CU IN version. Our main focus here is to know that we know that we know -that when it is released, the package will be correct and dependable.

People ask me ‘why are you getting involved in this’? The answer is simple. I have a tremendous amount of phone calls from chassis builders, team owners, drivers and tracks every year and the question is always the same. When are you going to do something with the Supers? Some of what I consider the largest people in the business have posed the question to me over and over and it looks like now’s the time. I just appreciate them considering us the right company to take charge of such a project. It’s a very large undertaking and one that will be done correctly.

I think the fans will get excited about seeing something different on the track for a change” stated Lester. “I know the teams are excited from the telephone calls coming in to the office every day. People are calling from all over the country wanting to know what the deal is. Our answer is simple, come to the banquet and see it. Check it out for yourself and see what you think. If we can take an $18,000 engine and compete with the current Super Late Models out there from an aerodynamic standpoint, then we will really have accomplished something”.

Everyone is invited to attend the FASTRAK National Points Banquet to see the ‘unveiling’ of the new Super Late Model. Fans, teams, tracks, and engine builders are all encouraged to come and participate. “You don’t have to be a member of FASTRAK to come. Just come and enjoy yourself” stated PR Director Michael Hurley. “This will no doubt be an exciting night for dirt racing in the United States”.

Reservation details available at the FASTRAK website www.fastrakracing.com

YOU MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS BY January 10th

ROOMS ARE GOING QUICKLY!!!!

NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!

Please go to www.fastrakracing.com for reservation details if you’d like to attend

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Thursday: Regional Directors Meetings 10:00 – 7:00

Friday: Weekly Track Meetings (rules and marketing seminars) 10:00 – 6:00

Saturday: Tech Seminar 10:00 – 4:00 Race team rules and marketing 10:00-4:00

Saturday: Happy hour 6:00-7:00 Dinner 7:30 – 11:00

New Car “Unveiling” immediately afterwards.

©2008 FASTRAK Racing Series. All rights reserved

Partners of the FASTRAK Racing Series Include;Goodyear Racing, GM Performance Parts, Sunoco Race Fuels, Modern Chevrolet, City Chevrolet, Heintz Performance, Duralite Wheels, Schoenfeld Headers, Mastersbilt Racing Chassis, TNT Racing Chassis, Rocket Racing Chassis,Goliath Racing Chassis, MK-Direct

*THE FASTRAK DIRT LATE MODEL SERIES is based on the GM crate engine program using both the 602 and 604 engine types. All teams utilize Goodyear Racing Tires as the “spec tire” allowing team’s tremendous savings in both engine and tire expense. The National Championship of the FASTRAK RACING SERIES is one of the largest in the United States

Back