Votes: 30 30.6%
  • UMP Pure stock

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • UMP 4cyl.

Votes: 22 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

car28

What class do you most want to see at Brownstown.

Ump Late models would be great I just don't think the money is there. The poll is for support classes I think Crate LM and Ump mods will be the feature.

All those votes for the Sportsman looks good, but I havn't had near that many contact me about running a Sportsman. We have four tracks in the area that run Sportsman (Highland, I-55, Belle-Vegas & Macon) with three different sets of rules, lets here some suggestions on how to make them all work at one track?

UMP Street Stocks & UMP 4cyl will be part of the action at Fayette County Speedway this year. Sportsman could be but the rules are a mess & the support (car counts) needs to be there for it to work.

Mt. Vernon runs Ump street stock not sportsman and I think Macon plans to run both but I'm not sure about that.

Mt. Vernon runs Ump street stock not sportsman and I think Macon plans to run both but I'm not sure about that.

See, that's the problem. What some tracks call a street stock is a sportsman at other tracks. Too many differences from track to track.

what to do??

Well ya know your going to have the cars in the street stocks and the 4 bangers, but the sportsman are if-y. Ya they may not have many places to race, but that could cause people not to run them this year. At the same time the poll says run em.

:confused: By the way are your rules going to be any different than the ump this year??
Also what time do you plan to start on Sunday??

Will never happen. No one wants to give up anything. The central IL tracks will not give up anything and the southern IL tracks won't budge on anything either. Maybe know is the time for someone like Sean to go out on a limb and develope the "sportsman of the future". UMP sure doesn't seem to want to. Frankly I believe they even have the UMP Street Stock class screwed up. I have a few ideas but no matter how you do it somebody is not going to be happy.

Ump doesn't really have sportsman rules there more of a membership rule. I think the street stock rules are a start, but far from done. As a racer if a track is running ump sportsman or ump street stock you should be legal to run there and be able to compete with there cars.

They tried sportsman there many times and couldn't get a car count. Even on the big money shows, it was down. If it weren't for the Indy cars coming, they wouldn't of had hardly any. It's a dying class due to track promotors not unifying rules. You have about 4 tracks with 4 sets of rules and you can not go to another track to race. My son drove a sportsman car there some for another guy and his car owner seen the light. He sold the car and it competed in the UMP street stock class this year. My opinion would be to Sean,,,try them for 3 or 4 weeks and see,,if you don't support him,,,send them home. UMP will not help you guys out,,their rules will ****,,always have and always will.

All of you guys keep harping on UMP for the Sportsman rules. Let's lay it out there.

What if UMP put out a unified set of sportsman rules and the rules more closely fit the cars at Farmer City and that area. Then, none of the tracks in this area would bother to sanction with UMP and all of you would still be out of luck on having unified rules and you would not be eligible to run for the UMP point fund, in which Troy Naeger just picked up $5,000 for last week.

maybe its the track owners that should get together and talk about rules for the sportsman cars, and see if they can come to some kind of aggrement on them so that they would be able to race at different tracks with basically the same rules. Its not impossible a task to ask.

jumpinjackdw
David Wulf

Ump Sportsman

Why not take the UMP Street Stock and Ump Sportsman and merge them put a pull bar and j bar on a SS, wedge body and msd. That is about the only differences I can see, then you would be able to pull some of those nowhere to go sportsmans from Tri City, Godfrey etc.

JUST AN IDEA DONT SHOOT

Back