Fayette County Street Stock Rules

shyster trans

shyster trans
Fayette County Changes Rules On Street Stocks Effective 5-13-05 Street Stocks May Run A Burt Or A Brinn Trans And Alcohol On All Regular Events :d

Thats rediculous......Why keep changing this class so much? Not everyone can afford a $1000 transmission. I don't run there nor do i care too and i am sure i will hear "then why do you care". Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and i am voicing mine. Now all the guys that can't afford a bert tranny will be even at a worse advantage. These cars are fast enough and expensive enough as it is so they need to leave it alone. Why even have a sportsman class? Just lose the lead and run them with the mods. They will be able to keep up with pretty much everyone there minus the big ***** motors and stuff like that. If i remember correctly Jimmy Cummins was only between a second or 2 off Rusty Griffaws qualifing time earlier this year. I just think that is taking it too far in my eyes. Leave the stock trannys in and go. J/M/O. I am sure others will disagree and other will agree so i am sure we will see.

Tom

Another nail in the coffin of the Sportsman class. I can see why Fayette County changed, to draw more cars, but Sportsman racing has just gone beyond reasonable. Let's hear it for Crate engine Late Models!

In a street stock? Why don't they just call them sportsman or modifieds? Is this their version of a beginner class of racing? How can the average guy compete with those who have money and run this type of equipment. I agree it's rediculous!

Rod

Tri-City street stock is a Fayette County Bomber. Fayette County Street Stock is a Tri-City Sportsman. But, what's in a name? :)

They only had 6 cars show up last week so they are trying to draw more cars from other areas.My question is are they going to allow these rules for the BIG show on Memorial Day?

Where are they trying to get more cars from? I don't think berts and brinns and alcohol are allowed in any sportsman in "this" area. (godfrey, bellevile, I-55, highland, tri-city, montgomery)

Mike

I think there are some other tracks like Flora that they may be trying to draw cars from.

i told charlie just run steel blocks,,he will have more cars than 6,,well they would have had 7 tonight,i was going to bring my tired old piece if it twernt fer d rain,,,

Back