Fighting At The Race Track

With the summer heat upon us, tempers will flare. Here's a pretty sad story from a track southeast of us.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1435689.html

It made me realize how ugly something could get in the pits after an altercation on the track. Luckily no one got killed in this deal. I was at a go kart track last saturday and a adult racer thru a little bit of a fit among other things, and after reading this I thought with all the kids in the pits, some youngin' could of gotten hurt as well.

So drivers and crews "Keep Your Cool" this summer and have some fun.....and parents that have children in the pits keep an eye on them, they tend to try and get close to watch this kind of behavior.

If you have time, and think theres alot of trash talk on this board, go check out their message board. "What Happened" is the title from this night.

www.duckriverspeedway.com ........and if you ever go there don't sit in turn 3....apparantly the security guards (with guns) are afraid to sit at that end of the track:eek:

who was it?

o.k who signed in on that board as gladidontracethere,funny stuff.talk about some idiots.some guy is laying in the hosp. and all they can do is talk about drinking in the pits,and those darn parker boys.

Guys aren't the only one's picking fights

After reading the story posted here, I wanted to say that first off racing is supposed to be for the fun...yeah it's nice to win..but like any sport...we're supposed to have good sportsmanship and to be fine examples to our kids...and not just on/at the track. Now...I wanna share a story of my own. I'll start by saying that we (my whole family) race the Pro4's. Husband, 20 yr old daughter, 17 yr old son, and myself, and we do it so that our family has fun and and we are TOGETHER!

Last weekend at the Pevely I-55 track, my family had 2 separate incidents in the same night. And yes, it was hot, but that is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for the behavior of these people. And I'm not going to name any names her...the people know EXACTLY who they are.

Incident #1... Male driver decides he doesn't like how my daughter drives ...proceeds to call her a MF*****. My husband met the guy in the midway of the outter pit area. And VERY calmly told this fella that there was no need to say something like that to our girl. At which point the guy got all belligerent and went all red-neck! Shouting obscenities and threatening to whoop my husband rear-end. Now, my husband didn't want to take the chance on being ejected from the track, so he stayed calm the whole time. The this guys father comes over and gets into the altercation. He turns his cap back wards and shows the Rebel flag on it...and then said..."I hate America, and that he too is gonna beat his butt (lol, right)...yada yada yada! Eventually my hubby walks away after the driver said he was gonna put our daughter "into the wall" this coming weekend. Guys like this aren't worth fighting with...apparently their brains are NOT as big as their mouths! The threat was promptly reported to a track official.

Incident #2... Let me say that there is currently only one other lady (and I use the term loosely) racing the Pro4's. And as we all know "bumpin' is racin" when you going around before the green flag. Stay tight to the car in front of you. Well, apparently this other gal doesn't like to be nudged...at all! After the feature this woman decides to come to our pit area, and show her butt, which is AGAINST THE RULES! It's a fine-able offense to start trouble at another's pit area. This lady came up to our daughter...and proceeds to tell her if she "EVER BUMPS HER AGAIN, SHE'LL KICK HER A**". Now mind you this gal brings her 5-6 year old kid with her to start this confrontation. My daughter said to her...why are you doing this for in front of your kid? Her reply was..and I quote.."well, she's gotta learn". (what, how to be an idiot?) This whole time our kid never got up off the trailer, never raised her voice, anything. My daughter finally put her hand up to the lady and told her "I'm not listening...you might as well go away". This gal went ballistic! But she stopped just short of striking my kid. (that would have been her biggest mistake EVER) Point being...look at the example this gal set for her kid. It's a shame when a 20 year old is more mature and responsible to-wards lil' kids that the child's own mother. (this too was reported to an official later).

Pay attention people, the kids in the pits (and every where else) NEED us to set good examples of sportsmanship for them, to show them how to be good people and respect one another on and off the track. The folks in these 2 incidents are far from GOOD examples. Think before you go off half cocked...who's watching you...is it a child? And is your attitude really worth looking like an idiot. My hat's off to the proper example of what an adult is supposed to be like, my husband ...and my daughter.

As Rodney King said some time back...."Can't we all just get along?" :(

My dad showed me an old videotape from years ago at St. Charles. I think the guy was named Gallatin. He raced a purple car that looked like street stocks but didn't have any front femders. Anyway, him and those apes he had on his pit crew came at Ray Walsh and his crew after the race with w jack handle. The biggest goon from the Gallatin pits knocked an official out cold. Dad says everybody was allowed to come back next week like nothing ever happened.

Back