Final UMP B-Mod Rules

Ryan21Mid

Here are the Official 2015 B-Mod rules that UMP will be utilizing. They were emailed to drivers today. I attached the link that I received.

Attachments

• 2015 DIRTcar UMP Pro-Modified 12 6 2014 UPDATED FINAL.pdf
    486.6 KB · Views: 505
What corrected version? The email stated "Attached are the final rules for the DIRTcar UMP Pro Modified Division."

All I have to say is fuck UMP and fuck the retard that came up with these rules and fuck crate motors. If u wana run a crate buy a latemodel.

what I read these are the pro mod rules---don't really think they pertain to our local b-mods

They call the b-mods UMP Pro-Modifieds, just like the crate late models are technically UMP Pro Late Models.

i just think its stupid to limit us to a crate motor because I thought this was supposed to be a economic class and making everyone sell their motor to buy a crate motor isn't very economic friendly JMO the crate motors ran fine with the open motors this year I mean look at tri city they ran crate and open cubic inch motors and they had the best car count as well as some of the best b-mod racing around.

Here are the Official 2015 B-Mod rules that UMP will be utilizing. They were emailed to drivers today. I attached the link that I received.
The new rules are great if you own the dirt car series . Otherwise they can govern someone else . Would be easier to quit racing and force them idiots to get a real job

my problem with a crate is they are all chevy and your can go find them sitting in a junkyard

question. the suspension talks about 3 link and mounting perches for springs, no floaters/birdcages but it didn't say anything about 4 link.

can you run a 4 bar car with no birdcages and solid pull bar?

D.) All rear control arms and panhard bars must be straight and J Bars connected end-to-end using a solid mounting system on either
end. Only one of the following designs will be permitted for competition;
1.) A three (3) link design will be permitted with the following requirements. The lower control arms must maintain a maximum length of
24”-inches and a minimum length of 15”-inches. The one (1) upper control arm must be a solid tube located at the top center of the rear
end housing and remain centered (one -inch tolerance) over the housing and/or top of the drive shaft. One panhard bar, a minimum of
23”-inches in length can be mounted behind the rear end housing. A J-Bar will be permitted. J-Bars must be mounted from the left
side frame rail to the right side of driveshaft. The lower spring perch must be welded or bolted solid to the rear end housing. The
bottom of the rear spring(s) must remain within 2 ¾-inch of the axle tube(s). Only steel upper weight jack(s) will be permitted. Floating
and/or bearing rear spring perches/cups will not be permitted. Suspension stops of any type will not be permitted.
2.) OEM stock design suspensions will be permitted with the following requirements. The rear crossmember and control arm mounts
and bolt holes on frame must remain the stock OEM location. All components must be unaltered, approved OEM and match frame. The
control arms must not be altered. Only steel, rubber or nylon control arm bushings will be permitted. The rear springs must remain in
the stock OEM location. The lower spring perch must be welded to the rear end housing. Only upper weight jacks made of
magnetic steel wheel be permitted.
E.) In the rear of the car a minimum 5”-inch spring is required.
F.) All springs must have a tethered and/or cable system in place to securely fasten them in position in the car.
G.) Aluminum shocks, shells, aluminum hubs, aluminum A-frames, aluminum rear-end, aluminum tubes and/or other aluminum suspension
parts will not be permitted.
H.) Coilover shocks of any type on the front or rear of the car will not be permitted.
I.) Only one shock per wheel will be permitted. Lay down shocks less than 12” (twelve inches) away from brake rotor will not be permitted.
Additional shocks in other locations will be permitted.
J.) Only the DIRTcar approved A and -B type shock absorbers displaying the DIRTcar “Approved” decal will be permitted to compete.
Approved Shock Absorbers: All shock absorbers for the DIRTcar UMP Pro-Modified must be approved and display an approved
designation decal. There will be three types of approved designations, ‘A’, and ‘B’.
Approved ‘A’-type Shock Absorbers:
Pro Shocks– WB and SS Series, Bilstein– AK and SG/SM Series, AFCO – 1020-1034 Series, 1273-1295 Series, 1473-1497 Series
Approved ‘B’-type Shock Absorbers:
Pro Shocks – TA Series, Bilstein – SL/SZ Series, AFCO – 1000 Series
Shock Absorbers must be submitted and approved by manufacture to World Racing Group for competition. Designation decal is installed

do you find it funny that you have a set of corrected rules and jimmy dearing who gets these updates before you or i hasnt posted anything and everyone who has gotten rules has a different date on them with the same mistakes

do you find it funny that you have a set of corrected rules and jimmy dearing who gets these updates before you or i hasnt posted anything and everyone who has gotten rules has a different date on them with the same mistakes
I posted the rules that ump sent me on ump's website earlier this week. They are dated 12/5/14. So please know your facts before you run my name thru the mud

Jimmy you may want to reread what dukeman had written....I don't see anywhere in his post where he was running anyones name in the mud. What i read was your gonna know the new rules before most and would post them when you found out....correct me if i'm wrong and I hope your day gets better.

Back