Fondest Memories At The Track

I was just setting here thinking and you know what happens then..... LOL .... I come up with some silly thread ..... so, join in and tell some of yours ...

About 4 years ago i started coming out to DRR. It was when Brian Mathews was racing in the Multi class and his family, is friends with mine so my parents would come and watch sometimes. My mom and dad dont attend the tracks but they started coming out here. It was such a treat as a family to all be at the races together ! Dad, as a preacher felt it was a " family " oriented track and felt comfortable being there...... Being there when Tom Bequett raced, a group of us supporting him and the joy of seeing him win ! There is sooooooooo many good people out there. Bobby, you have done a great job with the improvements you had done. It is just a really nice track .......... LD

Do these memories bleed over from the track and include
The Burch party, and also include funniest memories?
If so, I can include a few..

My fondest memory? hmmm that would be a hard one. let me see. Maybe it was the time I hit the front straight concrete wall. Or maybe it was the time I spun sideways and Chuck took off my front bumper. Or maybe when in hot laps my fan came off and went into my radiator. No it has to be when I got flipped and got hit while I was on my top. :eek: :D :D :D

LOL...you're killing me Mikey!! Any good fond memories...hehe

I remeber when you got black flagged trying to take me out in 2002....you and wolf were towed off and i finished the race...LOL Better luck next time..

I just devloped a power to see the future. I see.........me getting a black flag next year for taking you out of a race. :eek: :D Oh wait heres another............Chevys all in last place.................Oh wait thats me oops. :D

Oh yeah what is up with this "Mikey"?

cause it bothers you...hehe As another Mikey friend of mine, Mike Henderson, says...
With friends like me who needs enemies...haha

Wheel21 said:
cause it bothers you...hehe As another Mikey friend of mine, Mike Henderson, says...
With friends like me who needs enemies...haha
I thought that was your saying with OL WRECKBONE :eek: :eek:

My fondest memories would have to be the first nite we had Casey Barnhouse at DRR for his first nite of racing ever in his HRE powered go-cart. Can I say how proud of an uncle he has made me from winning everything the first nite out to what he has accomplished up until today. Casey , I have one more thing to say about you "YOU DA MAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From a very proud Uncle Kenny "The Hustler" Harris

hey ya'll this is jessy the best one i have is after the races when i ran amber's kart(chick kart) lol and dad didn't make the belts fit( he said i would not need them ) and i made half a lap and flipped it 2 times it kinda hurt and all it did was chip my toe nail polish

My fondest memory would have to be beating my Dad, my Uncle and a few close friends out of a track Championship in the 95 Season. (I was using their old, worn out engine parts, LOL)

Another would be the "takeoff" in turn one in 96. Mike Province and I were racing for a feature win and a lapped car made a right turn into the pits directly in front of us. Mike ended up riding the rim and I went off turn 1 at about 55mph and got air all the way past the old pit road. It was a helluva ride....

I guess that one of my favorite memories about the track would be the benifit we did for Regan. Racing for Regan was a huge success and I will never forget the look on his face through out the entire night especially when Mike Helvey gave him a ride in our truck. But of course the second thing that always comes to mind is remembering running over the top of the 11 jr pinto. It was a crazy ride. Thanks Bobby for everything you do at the track so that Hoosiers like us can have these memories.

Where it started...

I remember when DRR first opened....of course it was ran by Arlin and Denny Keith then, but that doesn't change my memories. I had just turned the big 1 6 and I was working out there to make some "gas money" for the summer months. I'll never forget those days because that is when I met both Jason Keith and Casey Barnhouse...........at Doe Run Raceway. Since then, I have become good friends with both of these young men and I'm proud to call them my FRIENDS!! I enjoy watching both of them race and feel they both have grown in the sport of racing and in their personal lives. I would never trade these memories or these friends. In fact, I think I was the first "fan" to receive an autograph from Casey Barnhouse...and I still have that picture. I used to always tell Casey that I only cheered for him because he was #69....LOL!!!!:D :p But, he knows I'm just kidding. Thanks, Jason and Casey for making my DRR memories great ones.

I remember the first time i got to drive a multi. Bob let me come out and drive Casey's car. I thought it was gonna be close to the 250 i had been driving. Well i was wrong and when i stepped on the gas and actually spun the tires and got sideways i was almost scared. After just about running the car outta gas i got used to it.
Another time was when me and brother just started racing. I was like 10 years old and we had no idea what we were getting into. Over the past 9 years i have learned a lot. Never thought it would become an addiction either. Almost a month since the season ended and im already looking forward to next year.

Dustin, I do remember the nite that you hot lapped Casey's car. You looked like a natural after you got the first nailing of the gas figured out. There has been alot of young guys that have moved up and on that started their racing at DRR. Talking about Jason, can I say that I personally HATED that dang Odessey you had. The biggest trill is to watch these young guys and gals get there first try at racing. Dang I am starting to fell old.I can remember my first hotlap in multi (a few years ago),modlite, and can't forget the go-carts(this year), I do have ALOT more respect for these cars now. Just keep the GOOD MEMORIES coming............. The"Hustler"

Speaking of Jason and his Odessey, Kenny, I have the pictures that I took of you and Jason (and maybe Casey) standing next to that car. Do you remember that??? Man, I'm starting to feel old, too, so I can only imagine how youuuuuuuuuuu must be feeling......need that wheelchair yet???? LOL!!!! After all, you did resort to trying to race a mini-van......after you didn't succeed in the go-karts. Hahahahaha...you know I'm just joking with ya.

You will have to post that picture. I don't know which Jason and myself enjoyed better,the odessey or the trip to Tulsa with the 250 mini sprint(the hair on my big toes are long enough to braid Thanks to Arlen)..... LOL What do you think Jason ? The"Hustler"

It's "Odyssey" Kenny! LOL J/K! I still have nightmares about those things.....okay, kidding again.

We sure had a lot of fun messing with those cars, they were hard on your hands and kidneys but sure were fun to race when you got them figured out. We just took a couple trucks worth of odyssey parts to the scrap yard a few days ago. I almost hated to see them go. I still have the jig we used to build the tube frame car that I raced at the rock against Timmy Moss and Mike Province. We were the top three down there in 1997.

Back