For 2006, I think the time has come......

Millsey

I've talked with a lot of people about this and it has become more and more evident to me that we need to allow certain 4-cylinder engines in ANY rear wheel drive make and model. In other words I now feel that we need to allow the Chevy guys to run a 2.3 Ford engine. Or like in Bad Bob's case, he could easily slap a 2.3 Ford engine in his #90 truck and be back on the track in no time flat. We can get S-10 trucks for a dime a dozen as far as the basic body goes, but engine parts are a different matter. I know this is an item that we've discussed and discussed over the years and I was always one to vote against it. But to help keep the competition solid and the availability of 2.3 Ford engines compared to the 2.5 Chevy, it only makes sense.......

Please think about this and give it very strong consideration.

How about allowing after market rods for the chevy??? Uh oh is that a can of worms I hear opening up???

John Barr
The Trashdog

I for one think its a fantastic idea....The particular engine I need only comes in a 86-89 Nissan pick-up, and they are getting pretty scarce...plus, the few aftermarket items that are available, are very pricey...I guess y'all know how I'll vote on that one...

I Think It Would Help If The Rams Allowed This. This Has Happened In The Sportsman Division At Most Tracks. I Think Its Helped Lots Of Guys.

Hey that sounds good, I'd like to swap my Chevy 4cylinder for a Porshe engine. Some guys say they are like a VW engine.

the chevy guys.....

are finally figuring out that ford is the way to go. FORD,,,FORD,,,FORD the only way to go when it comes to 4 cylinders. then it wouldn't be a chevy truck. just a shell with a ford heart........ :eek:

Wolfman_5 said:
that means you like loosing, or getting beat all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? :eek:
Hey Wilbur, you better tighten up,
The "Big Zero thinks youre "loosing"

Just my .02 on this you choose a kind of car for various reasons. Chevy guys like the s10 =easy to find can make handle extremely well aftermarket parts easy to get. Bad problem with engines blowing up. Toyota= good power light engine aftermarket parts a little harder to get. Cars can be made to handle good. FORD=FASTFAST

I always have said the ultimate combo would be a s-10 with a 2300 in it..... mmm a chevette with a 2300 mmmmmmm

ohh do I see some wicked combos in the future if this was passed:eek: :eek: sure would be a lot tighter races!!!!!!

Would they make it to where the only motor you can run is the 2.3 with an exchange rule ? Some tracks down south do it that way.

You know what might work out is to approve only certain motors. Like the 2.3 and 2.0 Ford and the 2.5 Chevy. That way you can easily tech the engines instead of having to worry about all kinds of different ones. Just an idea...

the chevys might not be as fast but they look better on the trailer!!!!! lol it sounds like a good plan to me, ive got a toyota motor that would look nice in my s10. then all you ford buffs will finally be playin catch up with a real truck!!!FORD BAD, CHEVY GOOD

Wolfman_5 said:
that means you like loosing, or getting beat all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? :eek:

LOL...you reading this Wilbur.....how bad did you get beat this year.....LOL

And as far as getting smart...you aint seen team bow tie (Boyer, Cox, & Nickelson), on here talking this stuff.... If it goes this route then I know what I'm doing and it aint no 2.3 :D

Back