For Bloomquist Lovers - Both Types :-)

That was a good one too!! I needed that story not too long ago when a guy was arguing with me that Bloomquist has always been the #0. When I first met him he was #18, I think it was in the late 80's at I-55 and he came in a totor home and trailer that he built himself out of a big rig. If I remember right he tore em up that night too.

The real reason that people hate him is because of stuff like he did at Lowes the other night.......Transfered through the B-main started in the back of the 'A'..... made a pit stop for tires and still WON!!............Its not because he got caught with coke or that he flips the bird.

He really is a nice guy if you talk to him.............One time we tried a mono-leaf rear suspension and were having trouble getting it to handle.
So one night I was in Iowa watching a race that he was in and after the races I went down got in line with my kid for an autograph. I asked him about the mono-leaf set up. He talked with me for 30 minutes or more about it while he signed autographs. I would start to walk away and he would say "Wait..........You might want to try this too" and tell me something else to try. So anyone that says he's a self centered arrogent no good SOB is wrong and probaly have never talked to him.

The best quote I ever heard he said was after a race that he dominated, a fan came down and asked him "Scott why do all the fast guys lift their front left tire off the ground and you don't"?

His answer was "See that wheel and tire over there against the trailer? Go pick it up and bring it over here and then roll it back and tell me which is easier"

circleleft18

Fatz,

It's a shame you never put the information he gave you to good use!:eek:

ROFLMAO!:D

(You had to have known I was going to comment!)

That was a good one too!! I needed that story not too long ago when a guy was arguing with me that Bloomquist has always been the #0. When I first met him he was #18, I think it was in the late 80's at I-55 and he came in a totor home and trailer that he built himself out of a big rig. If I remember right he tore em up that night too.

The real reason that people hate him is because of stuff like he did at Lowes the other night.......Transfered through the B-main started in the back of the 'A'..... made a pit stop for tires and still WON!!............Its not because he got caught with coke or that he flips the bird.

He really is a nice guy if you talk to him.............One time we tried a mono-leaf rear suspension and were having trouble getting it to handle.
So one night I was in Iowa watching a race that he was in and after the races I went down got in line with my kid for an autograph. I asked him about the mono-leaf set up. He talked with me for 30 minutes or more about it while he signed autographs. I would start to walk away and he would say "Wait..........You might want to try this too" and tell me something else to try. So anyone that says he's a self centered arrogent no good SOB is wrong and probaly have never talked to him.

The best quote I ever heard he said was after a race that he dominated, a fan came down and asked him "Scott why do all the fast guys lift their front left tire off the ground and you don't"?

His answer was "See that wheel and tire over there against the trailer? Go pick it up and bring it over here and then roll it back and tell me which is easier"

DIDN'T HE SAY IN AN INTERVIEW WITH DAVE DESPAIN THAT THE LEFT FRONT IN ON THE CAR FOR A REASON. SO IT NEEDS TO BE ON THE GROUND? :D

THAT STOCKCAR MAG ARTICLE IS EXACTLY WHY I LIKE THE GUY. HE MARCHES TO HIS OWN DRUMMER AND IS SUCCESSFUL DOING IT. HE DOESN'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THE PATTERN LAID DOWN BY OTHERS. :cool:

those are awesome reads,most ''racers'' can relate to every word that comes out of sotts mouth,and if you cant,we'll you may as well hang it up!

Here's a pretty good interview he gave. By the looks of him he's on beer not coke LOL

On the right of this video are interviews with the same questions to other drivers.....Babb, Owens, Moyer, Jeep.....ect..... I was surprised when asked who the like racing with how many said Bloomquist.....I always thought they all hated him. Pretty good stuff........................enjoy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=63&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

They probally like racing against him because he doesn't touch anyone. Those other guys mentioned are tops. And you are only as good as the comp. you compete against...

Fatz,

It's a shame you never put the information he gave you to good use!:eek:

ROFLMAO!:D

(You had to have known I was going to comment!)

Hmmmm..............:confused:

I thought 14 wins, a track championship, a 2nd in points, and a 3rd in points, all in 3 years on a flat 1/2 mile was pretty decent for a couple of drunks with no money:eek:.........What happened the other 10 years?..I don't know:rolleyes:

It was a long time ago, but hey, we can still claim it:p

But no..........none of that came with the advice for the mono-leaf

On another note: What are you doing up at 3am? Shouldn't you be in bed so you can get up and go look for a job? Or are you applying at the strip clubs again?:eek:

On the right of this video are interviews with the same questions to other drivers.....Babb, Owens, Moyer, Jeep.....ect..... I was surprised when asked who the like racing with how many said Bloomquist.....I always thought they all hated him.

REAL RACERS LOOK FOR THE COMPETITION, NOT DODGE IT! :cool:

Back