For people only interested in Crate Late models

racer20

Please guys. Keep this simple. We need your help here. There have been two different people call interested in bringing Fastrak to your area. Please don't respond unless you are interested in joining or at least possibly joining with them. Don't post here for any other comments please.

JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO IS INTERESTED!!!!!!!

Please post your name and car number and where you are from.

THANKS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

count our 2 late models 89 and 88 in..we are from south roxana area..run Godfrey Tri City racetracks. If you want my number..ill pm it too you..and spread the word. Thanks...Mike

I'd give this a shot and should you get any tracks in the entral part of Missouri on your schedule you could count on 5 - 15 more cars (we been talking about this for some time). Thanks:)

I help a couple guys with a steel block, it is a father & son team. They race at Mt.Vernon, KLMS & Paducah.The father foots the bill for everything & is also supplying engines for two other steel block teams this year, he is very interested in a crate series.

I am without an engine right now, so I could be possible to convince of it if there is a huge savings, and good payout. It would also depend on the schedual, tavel ect..

Hey guys here is a few FACTS for ya. Saw some of the spectulations: how about some truth?

2004---1st race--5 cars---2nd race--- 17 cars---last race 51 CARS!

13 total races--1st season

1 repeat winner--won 2nd by fluke 2 cars ahead of him broke an A-arm in the same hole on the track. He still had to be running good enough to be there and deserved his win, don't get me wrong, but it was a strange turn of events that won it.

2004 Series Champ Todd Higdon--won 1 race

Champ ran 602 crate $2895.

Champ was in a used GRT chassis.

42 drivers already signed up and paid in Southern Series for 2005 GA,FL,AL,NC,SC

All travel limited to 5 hour radius of Carnesville,GA---tracks are more spread out down there.

9 already in Mid East Region WV,OH,KY,VA,TN.....21 cars expected according to committments from drivers. Have been told we have more than that. As you say in Missouri, Show ME!

All travel limited to 4 hr radius of Huntington,WV

As for purses, our traveling series gets a minimum of $1500 to win and $100 to start entire purse thru 24 places including sanctioning fee $7100. Very affordable SPECIAL EVENT for the tracks.

As a weekly Fastrak sanctioned class at a track--we recommend $500 to win and $50 to start. Track free to do whatever they can afford.

Most important FACT:
FASTRAK works! This is not something we are thinking about trying--we are already doing it! No guessing, no gambling, no maybes, it is a FACT..we are here!

Doc

Rocky Estep
Director Fastrak Champions Series
304-576-2234

My son and I are jumping to steelblock latemodels this 05 season from bombers,and i think this crate class will be the best keep us posted as if this becomes a local raceway class>

Alternate

We are not trying to replace the super late models in our area. Instead, we are giving the drivers an inexpensive alternate to racing late models and be competitive. It is getting harder and harder for the working class driver to justify spending $15,000 to $35,000 on their primary motor alone let alone a $10,000 “backup” motor to go and race a weekly show for $1,000 to $ 1,500 to win and $100 to start.
When a driver knows that every single racing lap is costing him $5 a lap just to freshen his motor, let alone if he breaks something, plus tires, and fuel the fun ends. Racing is habit forming, and most drivers spend all the money they can get their hands on just to able to race, but when the realization sinks in that they cannot continue to “mortgage” the farm just to race, a person who has driven a late model will not move down and run a lower division car. They simply quit racing, which of course leads to lower car counts, which leads to lower fan counts. Twenty plus years ago we had to get to the track early to even get a seat, and someone would have to “guard” your seat when you went to get a soda and hotdog. Today a lot of fans filter in way after qualifying starts knowing there will be “plenty” of room. How discouraging is it to our lower division drivers who think they could never move up to the late model because all they hear about is $30,000 motors, $2000 drysumps, $3500 heads. When a driver does make the jump to late models he needs to put in a ton of laps to learn how to adjust his car. Most of the time they have to “learn” on the track, under race conditions, while wearing out their expensive motor. If they do not have a big motor they get so far behind they get discouraged. If they do survive their first season they are greeted with a huge rebuild cost for “Christmas”. I know there are exceptions, but the great majority of drivers are in the same boat. We feel that the Fastrak cars are an excellent alternative for the majority of these drivers. A streetstock or modified driver can afford to buy a used latemodel car and parts, throw in a $3000 motor and go racing. Of course they will still have to go through the learning curve, but they can now afford to turn a lot of laps. The steelblock class was a good idea but as with any unsealed motor the price has sky rocketed, at $12,000 to $30,000 each and running for a smaller purse it not a useful alternate. A super late model driver can use his backup car with a $3000 Crate motor and run for the Fasttrack points championship every other Saturday and run his superlate on the Friday and/or Sunday and opposite weekends. He is running for the same or better purses with Fastrack while getting twice the life out of his “Big Motor”. Our Crate motors our factory sealed and we thoroughly tech each car so a driver can be assured that he is not being “out motored” by anyone.

Thanks,

Scott Ferguson
ferguson@mychoice.net

Back