Former Flagman and Track worker at Mt.Vernon Passes

Racersedge

Just read this in the Mt.Vernon Paper. Steve was the flagman and track worker at Mt.Vernon for a few years.

Steven V. Vance, 49, of Bluford, Illinois passed away at 9:43 P.M. on Thursday, March 12, 2009 at St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.

He was born on Sunday, May, 24, 1959 in Jefferson County, Illinois the son of Byron L. and Mary (Marlow) Vance. He married Peggy Beth Lane on April 26, 1980 in Wayne City, Illinois.

Surviving family members include his Parents: Byron and Mary Vance of Bluford, Illinois; Wife: Peggy Vance of Bluford, Illinois; 2 Daughters: Alisha Vance and fiance Rusty Griffaw of Festus, Missouri and Amanda Vance of Bluford, Illinois; Mother-in-law: Eunice Lane of Bluford, Illinois; 2 Brothers: Jerry Vance and wife Nancy of Bluford, Illinois and Norman Vance and wife Jo of Bluford, Illinois; Sister: Janeen Belmont of Bluford, Illinois; Several Nieces and Nephews also survive. Special Buddy: “Ozzie”.

His father-in-law: Archie Lane preceded him in death.

Alisha i am so sorry to hear about your dad. i know it will be tuff on you, but rember all of your friends are here for you. Alisha and Rusty if you need any thing let me know. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Karen
And the Ray Walsh race team and familys

Alisha, Im so sorry about the loss of your father, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Back