Founder of The Winner's Circle Passes Away (For Those Who Remember Those Days)

qwaynick

The Original Q
For those of you who had the opportunity to know the founder of The Winner's Circle I thought I'd pass on this sad news. Gary Slusser, aka drtracer98 passed away on May 17, 2005 from complications of a stroke sustained a few months ago.

Gary was my partner at The Winner's Circle and between the two of use we released over 20 addon tracks for the sim NASCAR Heat. Gary was instrumental in my online racing and helped me learn a lot of what I know about modifying and creating tracks and cars for sim racing games. Gary was the driving force behind the Outlaw Latemodels, Midgets, and STARS addons for Heat.

While I never had the chance to meet Gary in person he and I had a great friendship online and talked frequently on voice chat using our computers. I learned a great deal about a man that I never really got to meet.

I've lost a great friend and what's worse is that I never got to tell him goodbye. Having only talked with him online I never had the chance to talk with him after his stroke and only knew what was going on with him from updates I would get from his family.

Gary lived in western PA and was a long time pit crew member for a latemodel racer from that area. He loved and lived racing everyday of his life! One of the fiercest drivers I've ever competetd against in online sim racing.

Gary Slusser, a friend that will never be forgotten! Godspeed G-man!! :(

they are having a memorial race for gary at slingindirt.com

This week everyone, in memeory of DirtRacer98, the SAS mods will be running a 100 lap Memorial Race.

Gary was a great guy in the sim racing world. I remember when he, Q, and I were testing the stars latemodels. That was some the most fun I have every had racing online. Godspeed Gary.

Back