Fredericktown Jr Pro 4 Class

racewidow

I'm just drawn that way..
Jeff want to bring out the idea, let it get tossed around and get some feedback on the subject.

We're thinking of the possibility of a Jr Pro 4 Class. Would race starting one night a month. Ages 9-14. Just a trophy class.

Any interest, opinions, constructive suggestions?

Thanks!

I think it would be a great thing i have a 14 year old son and i already have a car for him. I think it is a good way to get him an early start in racing, i would love to see this happen all over

thanks david

dont no much about the track we run s.s. @ tri city but thats sounds like a good idea it would be fun for the little ones Cody 1X

my thoughts

My personal thoughts on a JR Pro 4 Class are that:

1. I think its an awesome idea! I think that having a JR Pro4 class will help young races adjust to racing with drivers who have much more experience in the class. It should definately be a beginners class. Should be fun- based on learning how to race and preparing to move up into the regular Pro 4 Class.

2. I think that 9 years old is too young for this jr class. Most tracks around here, esp the big ones I think require a driver to be 16 yrs old. Fredrock allowed 14 and my nephew raced Fredrock a few times because of the age limit. I think that the age limit should be 14-16 yrs old for a jr pro4 class so these kids can get there feet wet while again-preparing to move into the regular class. (No younger than 12 especially. ) I just personally feel that from my experience out there -that 9 yrs old is way to young to be racing a pro4 car.

I am all for the class. I would love to watch them and give some pointers like I was given when I first began. My concerns are just the ages that the kids would be going out there -- I understand that many of the kids going into this class might be former kart drivers and they understand the ropes of dirt-- but its just my personal opinion that there might be some kids without prior driving experience and a 9 year old without prior experience jumping in and driving a pro4 might not be a good idea.

Like I said, I'd love to see this class be formed at Fredrock and would love to watch them. They are our future.

Jessica Buechting

when you 16 you can drive at any track the younger the better and more that they will learn so next time lets write a book for an answer

jr pro 4

sounds good to me my daughter is 10 and she said shes ready to beat some boys and if u no my daughter she not kidden

tracie i think that maby 9- 16 year olds would be something to look at for that class jmo 17 would be a geat age to break in to anouther class i think the maturity would be more prevalent at 17 racing older men and woman and give the kids more time to develope as a driver
:)

9 years old? Just what company are you going to get to touch that insurance wise? If any?

Actually some insurance company approves because Bob Pierce has been running a Modified class for kids ages 8-17 for the last few years. They race at tracks all over our area. They raced at Highland last year. This is a Modified class using 4cyl Ford 2.3 engines. Check it out yourself at www.kidmodz.com. The age requirements are in the rules section.

think about the age

the track we went to last year in illinois, bob pierce's son was racing. heard a rumur it was 12 but when we got there it was found out it was 14. jmo 12- 17 yr old is the right age to race this class. the reason i am even posting, any other age younger i think you would be setting up for things not so good to happen. but do what you think is the best interest for the track. chris:)

I see no problem with 14 year olds or 12 year olds driving with the pro 4s. Its a beginners class with beginner drivers. There is 14 year olds who I would trust to drive out there with me more than some of the drivers now who are older. There is 11 year olds driving late models. I think keep the 14 year old rule but put them on a three race probationary period. If they run competitive and clean allow them to obtain a license for the rest of the season and you can do that with any age. There isn't a whole lot that it takes to drive a pro 4 regardless. It's basically a 100 horsepower go kart with a cage. We aren't talking late models here people. It all boils down to who has the car with the most money in or "parts " anyway. So I say if the kids can make laps and and run competitive let them run with the pro 4's.

I think 17 is a little old to be racing with kids. At 16 they can race anything right now so cater it to those who can't run with the adults.

Jr Pro 4's

One of the reasons the idea of this class crossed Jeff's mind has been the experience we have had with karts. Both of our sons ran last year. While they enjoyed the heck out of it, the constant maintenance & cost was enough to drive their dad crazy! That is where this idea was born.

To the ones who do not regularly make it to The Rock, our Outlaw Cage Kart class was small but very competitive. On most nights, our little guys & girls were running a faster lap than the Pure Street cars. We had a very good season, the kids were wonderful & all became pretty good buddies. To move to a Jr Pro 4 class would just give them additional safety with a full body car & a more affordable experience for the parents. I would trust any of our last year's kart drivers to run a 4 cylinder without any issues. You have to remember, as smooth as Arlin keeps The Rock, these drivers are sitting 4 inches off the ground! Most of our karts did not have much suspension, & they were still able to put on an awesome show without any major accidents the whole season. Every Friday night, this class raced hard on the track & were the best examples of sportsmanship I've seen in any class. They could really teach some of the adults a few things! Just my opinion but for them to handle something with power steering & sit a little higher off the ground could only help them to improve.

My youngest son is ten. As a mom, it makes me nervous to put him in anything with 4 wheels! One thing he did prove to me from last season is that he DOES have the ability to be an awesome driver! Although he has alot to learn, he can be an example of excellent sportsmanship & skill to some of the older drivers. If he is going to move up in classes, a 4 cylinder car would definately ease my mind & bank account!

Back