Fredericktown raceway to stop weekly races

Unlimited

WARNING!!!! Iam posting this for message for track owners Anne & Curley DeBold any nasty or uncalled for comments will be deleted, if you wish to post something keep in respectfull!!

Due to low turnouts, The Fredericktown Raceway will no longer have a weekly race program for the rest of the 2008 season. We will calculate points and have trophies for the track champions. We ar trying to put on some special shows to try and finish out this season. Since we are UMP Sanctioned, we have decided to allow the UMP B-Mods to race and collect UMP points. This should help out a growing class for the area and allow them to get UMP Points. We want to thank all the loyal drivers and fans who where there on Friday nights with their support. We will post a schedule of special races as soon as possible. Hopefully next year the weather will be more cooperative and all the tracks will not struggle so bad. Also if anyone knows a person or business that would like to sponsor or help sponsor a show, please call 574-783-2040, and leave a message. We will return your call. Thanks to all that supported Fredericktown Raceway. Sincerly Anne & Curley DeBold

I would like to say thanks to all the racers and fans who have tried to make this a great season with your weekly support. Thanks AL Hammond II

I am truly very sorry to hear this news. But, it wasn't entirely unexpected, given everything. At least the special shows will keep the track alive and give the drivers and the fans something for the rest of the season. Let's all try to view this as a "stategic retreat" to consolidate and replinish resources, and not as a surrender. As Al said, maybe next season the weather will be better. And, maybe gas prices will be lower, which would also help quite a bit.

As a side note, I've heard a few rumblings that Montgomery County is also having difficulty. This has just been a bad season all around.

Thanks to Curley and Anne as well as the whole staff for all you have done this season. I really appreciate it and I'm sure I'm not alone. Best of luck in the future.

Sad News

:(This is sad news indeed. Fredericktown racetrack is an AWESOME track and has some of the friendliest people working there that we have ever meet. It is understandable why a lot of tracks are having problems this year, as AXEMAN stated. Fuel cost alone is horrible. I know the ROCK wouldn't go up on their pit/grandstand prices this year because they did not want to cause undue stress for the drivers and families that race there. We ALL need to have their backs on this and don't go around spreading rumors or bad mouthing anyone there. We are and will remain die-hard "ROCK" fans!
Tari & Ken:)

Ump b mods

So is it correct in saying that MCS UMP B mods will now be legal to run at the Rock on the selected dates? Also there points will be tallied into the UMP point fund?

This is a BIG disappointment. My boyfriend, who just got his car back together after a bad wreck, had heard some rumors that the track was going to shut down. After the races Friday, an official came down to ask about his car since it is for sale, and we asked him about it. He told us that someone in the tower had quit, and that she was spreading rumors, and not to believe them. I'm not trying to make this a bad post, this just really confuses me.

Also, I'm sure you don't have much information, but what special shows are going to be ran to finish out the season, if the season is ending? What classes will be allowed to run these special shows? And I'm really confused about how the B-mods are going to be allowed to run if the track is closing.

I'm not trying to make a negative post, I would just like some answers. If this track goes away, some of the classes will have nowhere to run without traveling a pretty good distance.

Thank you!

He told us that someone in the tower had quit, and that she was spreading rumors, and not to believe them.

You were definitely misinformed about the person in the tower "quitting" and spreading rumors. That person happened to just take the night off and was putting family first. But this isn't the first time that words have been put into her mouth by others trying to stir up crap.

Actually, she not only didn't start rumors about the track, she has defended it the whole time to people wanting to know what's going on down there.

Sorry to hear about the "Rock" taking the rest of the year off. I have wondered why it is that the car count struggled so much. Maybe some others can give there input as to what they think.

#1: Yeah the fuel prices these days are high but look at other tracks car counts....( belleville, pevely, tri city, highland, farmington...) These track have good car counts so are the gas prices really affecting people that much??

#2: Is it that the track is in a bad location? ( i have never been there thats why i ask that??) I know farmington isn't too far from there and they get good car counts.

#3: What about looking into running different classes? I know they had crates but what about supers? Or if not that direction what about sprint cars? Yeah the payout needs to be more for those classes but would they draw many cars? What tracks have what UMP divisions within there mileage rule? Could the rock get full UMP sanctioning? Would it be worth it? What kind of cars do you see a majority of down in your area?

I could only imagine how hard it must be to run a track. But how do you go about making it a successful weekly track? I just feel as though there is not a big number of racers in that area compared to other areas. I am by no means dogging anyone or any division. I am just curious as to why there was such a low count and wonder what ways they could go to draw more cars. Why does Farmington have good car counts? With only being a short distance away you would think The Rock would have a good car count too. Like i said i am not out to downgrade. Just simply curious about some of the questions i asked. Hopefully things turn around in 2009. Good luck to the Rock and all the racers.

Tom

Crystal

Crystal did not quit the racetrack ! She was late coming home from work and decided to take the night off and just go sit and watch her Nephew race at DRR. Taking a night off is not a sin ? Crystal has been the best scorer that has worked at that track !!!. She has worked some nights ALL BY HERSELF. And has been totaly dedicated to Fredericktown. Her and Al have worked hand in hand together on many issues for the track. AND .... She did NOT spread any rumors about the track. I dont know who your official is but they are dead wrong ! She has always stood up for Fredericktown. So, im sorry to inform you that you have been misinformed and whomever said that is lying ! LD

WARNING!!!! Since we are UMP Sanctioned, we have decided to allow the UMP B-Mods to race and collect UMP points. This should help out a growing class for the area and allow them to get UMP Points.

Sincerly Anne & Curley DeBold

Nice of the track to turn their backs on the 7 B-mods that were there this past Friday and built their cars to the rules put into place at the beginning of the season.:rolleyes:

1) Crystal did not quit Friday night she worked late and went to DRR to watch a family member race. She called me and I was aware of this, she even had asked me to bring her the results so she could post them and do the track and UMP points. After the races I was informed that would not be needed to be done because she had been relived of her duties and no longer worked at The Rock. To my knowledge I have only heard or seen Crystal try and help the track, I apperciated her help. As for the official that said that it was totaly uncalled for and not what happened.

2) I worked to get the UMP sanction for Fredericktown because I would have liked to run all UMP rules, over the off season and at the rules meeting I asked drivers about opening up the rules to allow them to run UMP B-Mod rules but they did not want to, now they are running with them anyway at another track so why not open up the rules and let them at least get some national points and recognition.

3) I am not aware of anyone trying to take any class from anywhere I offered DRR cars a place to race at the start of the year before they opened, but because of mother nature that did not happen. I have always said that I did not want to have the same classes as DRR because this just hurts everybody.

4) The track is trying to get just a few specials for a couple of classes a night but be able to pay good money. As soon as I hear I will post.

Thanks AL

Wow

I have read and reread this post, had have tried hard not to post, but I think it needs to be said that all of the racers who ran at Fredericktown just got the massive screwing that they knew was coming. I know of one (at least) that was told straight to his face by Curly Friday night that the track WOULD stay open. I talk to someone else Tuesday night, no surprise to them. Curly and Anne, you can blame anyone or anything that you want to, but until you take a very good look at your managing skills and even more importantly, you PR skills where your drivers are concerned, this track will NEVER make it. You can't continue to ignore you drivers needs and ideas and lie to them and then expect them to continue to come back, that is if you don't cut their class first. There are many (probably all) drivers who would have helped out however if given the chance, even taken a smaller pay out for the year, if it meant keeping the track open and thriving for years to come. We all know that you have worked hard to get this track in awesome condition, and appreciate all you do, but from a racer's view, PLEASE, next time come to your drivers FIRST and be honest from the beginning. You tell them the payout is going to have to be low from the beginning and explain why and how long and you would be surprised at how many will say "Fine, as long as it keeps the track going." Decide on classes, (maybe not as many?) and then stick with that plan. Discuss it with the drivers before the season starts, or how about right now, for next year. You have got to learn to talk to them and listen to them, and be honest with them. You piss these guys off, you're done! No racers, no track! And when you disrespect the people who have worked so hard right along with you, that does not help the image of the track.

I do not mean any of this as derogatory or disrespectful, I want to see you do well, but I can also stand back and see from both sides of this situation and feel badly for all. If you don't like what I have said, fine, but edit it, and you will lose yet another fan and possible driver.

Best of luck to all.

I would like to put my 2 cents in on this issue. Fredricktown is a very nice facility. I agree there were some management decisions that has hurt the track. Last year they had a two day show (Fri / Sat). They ran the A mods on Fri but not on Sat. (Farmington was not racing). Thus they may have had some Farmington cars show up on Sat. and may have really liked the facility and tried to work something out with their employers to start work early on Fri. to race at Fredricktown on Fridays. Another drop ball is when Farmington closes for the Woo shows @ Pevely and closes for the fair another opportunity to get A mods. We raced one time last year and had a good time but the track hit hard times and we did not try to go back. Best of luck to Fredericktown. Hope to make it back down there in the future.

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

STRANGE THING!!!!!!!!!!
Al, Let's see, hummmm what time did your tower person call you that Friday nite and let you know she wasn't going to be there? I am not trying to stir up trouble, BUT find it strange that YOU cut down another key person at your track on this forum, for what they did RIGHT and defend one that did wrong. Seems to me, strictly speaking as an employer, that when you have KEY personnel that need to be at their job and they don't even call in until the very last minute it would be grounds for immediate termination. That's what I would do! YOU as, track manager need to show MORE backing for the track itself rather than defending someone that didn't do the right thing and downing someone else that did do that right thing. Maybe you need to step back and take a look at YOUR management skills. Just seems to me (my opinion ONLY) You weren't ready for this job.... Thanks for listening.....This is probably NOT what you are wanting to hear and this will probably be deleted... BUT THINK ABOUT IT!

Just asking, won't know if you don't ask?
Tari

P.S. I was at DRR that Friday nite also.:rolleyes:

STRANGE THING!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
Al, Let's see, hummmm what time did your tower person call you that Friday nite and let you know she wasn't going to be there? :rolleyes:I am not trying to stir up trouble, BUT find it strange that YOU cut down another key person at your track on this forum, for what they did RIGHT and defend one that did wrong. Seems to me, strictly speaking as an employer, that when you have KEY personnel that need to be at their job and they don't even call in until the very last minute it would be grounds for immediate termination. That's what I would do! YOU as, track manager need to show MORE backing for the track itself rather than defending someone that didn't do the right thing and downing someone else that did do that right thing. Maybe you need to step back and take a look at YOUR management skills. Just seems to me (my opinion ONLY) You weren't ready for this job.... Thanks for listening.....This is probably NOT what you are wanting to hear and this will probably be deleted... BUT THINK ABOUT IT!

Just asking, won't know if you don't ask?
Tari

P.S. I was at DRR that Friday nite also.:rolleyes:

Tari for you to act so smart you sure are stupid and like putting words in poeples mouth! If you read my post correctly I was stating the facts not spreading rumors! The story that some one was told about Crystal quiting and spreading lies about the track was a rumor and it should not have been said. I feel that sometimes pople have to take time for family and that is what she did, what if she would have been sick and not able to make it? The time she called is not important we have 2 scorers for this reason, the one we had did get the job done by herself, so its not like we had to get someone from the stands to do it. I do back the track personel as long as it is about what really happened. As for the other key person, who must have started the rumor, you must know more than I do because I was never told who said it so maybe you should ask that KEY person why they talk about somthing they dont have a clue about? AL

Tari for you to act so smart you sure are stupid and like putting words in poeples mouth! If you read my post correctly I was stating the facts not spreading rumors! The story that some one was told about Crystal quiting and spreading lies about the track was a rumor and it should not have been said. I feel that sometimes pople have to take time for family and that is what she did, what if she would have been sick and not able to make it? The time she called is not important we have 2 scorers for this reason, the one we had did get the job done by herself, so its not like we had to get someone from the stands to do it. I do back the track personel as long as it is about what really happened. As for the other key person, who must have started the rumor, you must know more than I do because I was never told who said it so maybe you should ask that KEY person why they talk about somthing they dont have a clue about? AL

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not very becoming of a track manager and moderator stooping to those levels as to calling patrons " STUPID ". Also Crystals laundry should not have been hanging out to dry either - Not professional - Need to get control on be-littling people on here.....

racetrack closing

I have no family or friends racing at the rock. I am from st peters in st charles county. I own property and have many relatives all around this area ( Farmington, Fred., St Gen., Potosi, Doe Run, etc.) My family and I are huge dirt track fans. Spent many years going to the old st charles track, and have been a loyal fan at st francois county for over thirty years. Have just recently started bringing my wife and two small children to fredericktown. Couple of times last year and a couple of times this year.

I have never had my family treated like an outcast at a racetrack like this one. We have come because its close to our property, cheap, and on a friday. My kids like the small atmosphere, but I have no problems seeing why this track has low attendance, and money problems. It seems like the only people in the stands are drivers family. My family is stared at, ignored, and made to feel unwelcome. At other tracks my kids play with others they have never met, we have conversations in the stands with other fans, and are very welcomed by the concession stand and track workers.

Evan in this forum it seems like the only people who talk about the rock are the drivers and family.

I love the location, size, and friday races at this track, but maybe there should be some improvements on welcoming new fans, and making pure dirt track fans feel good about attending.

thats the problem with this track the management doesn't want to listen to the fans and drivers. the only thing that the track is worried about is what the "pr" lady wants not the fans. i have tried to contact anne and curly numerous times to no avail, i've even left them messages and no call back or nothing. and as someone stated now you've got the "gm" on here bashing people and calling people names, after he stated that any negativity would be deleted imediately. my question is what kind of management does this track have. if this gets deleted i will just repost, i've held my tounge as long as i can.

Back