Fredericktown Thoughts from Sunday's races

Millsey

What a long unusual day, but one for the memory books. In fact we had the largest car count EVER in the history of the Fredericktown Raceway - 89 cars. That might not sound like a lot to some of you, but you put 89 cars in our pits at Fredericktown and you've got something (like the long lines trying to get in). Plus the stands were almost completely full by night's end!

First let me say to everyone who came and participated, THANK YOU from all of us at our little rustic track. We've come a long way (I think) in a very short period of time. I mean tonight we had Steve Maisel winning $500 in the Sportsmen feature, Billy "the Kid" Smith winning $500 in the Modified feature, Jeff Beeson winning $400 in the Pure Street feature, a 14-year-old kid (Jon Paul Reando of Festus) winning the Driver's Seat 25 RAMS feature, 19 Dwarf cars putting on a good show with Todd Williams winning and then we had the Pro 4 Stocks... UGH!! You guys really, really disappointed me again. A total of four cars. Oh well, you had your chance but not anymore.

For those of you who may have been there for the first time Sunday, let me apologize for the track conditions. As we were working the track the "Lilly" broke into pieces so we were not able to work the track properly. I hope you won't hold that against us. The track the last several weeks has been as smooth as a baby's butt!! At least when they reworked it the features weren't bad.

I got to meet Pitdrifter!! Of course it was after I "jabbed" at him with Maisel about him being scared to come to Fredericktown (you know, a third world country)... It was great to finally put a face to the name Andy. I hope you enjoyed yourself..

For those of you who may not have stayed around for the 40-lap pure street feature, you missed one of the great victory celebrations we've had at Fredericktown with Jeff Beeson and his troops. Seeing that makes you appreciate what we do. Beeson also had a great "burnout" finale!! Congrats Jeff!!

In the Modifieds, it was great to get Rusty Griffaw back along with Kenny Kennedy. The pair of 16's were good, but not as good as Billy Smith and Brent Thompson tonight. Brian Worley and Rich Whaley were also on hand as part of a QUALITY field of mods. OH and one more thing Mod fans, starting THIS COMING FRIDAY NIGHT, it's now $600 to win each week. Charlie Robinson of Best Clean Fireplace Shop is adding $100 to the mod winner check each week ($500 + $100). Wow Charlie, that's really great of you!!

And for the Sportsmen, we made some changes and you guys came out and performed!!! Good solid clean racing from front to back. Maisel won with Randy Forster second Dustin Homan third and Kenny Harris fourth. They put on a gooood show.

And finally, again thanks to the fans who came tonight. You were vocal and enthusiastic. Our kids club is going gangbusters with the help of great people like Bill Skaggs. Bill and his crew brought in all kinds of stuff for the kids and everybody else to give away. We even played a game with the kids with some of the stuff he gave us and Sam Williams of Pilot Knob won $20 that Bill also donated.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll have photos on here later on from Trashdog who was there along with about three other photographers. The Dog always comes through with the good stuff. Thanks John.

Well, I've yaked enough.... Good night all and again, Thanks!!

Millsey.....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like a huge success last night. Wish I could have been there, maybe next week. Good luck the rest of the season.

Kinda

NO CLASS HERE, BUT LAST NIGHT WE WERE PITTING BY STEVE MAISEL. WELL, APPARENTLY HE HAD MADE CONTACT WITH SOME #63 CAR. WELL WHEN THEY GOT BAck into the pits i do believe the driver of the 63 was coming over to maisel to apologize well Maisel popped off "you drive like a *****ing nig*er and why don't you leave that piece of sh*t car at home" i'm sorry but that was uncalled for. the guy was coming over to talk to Maisel and he pops some sh*t off like that. come on have a lil class and deaL WITH THE FACT THAT CARS GET BEAT UP CAUSE THAT'S PART OF RACING. THAT WAS JUST NO CLASS IN MY BOOK.

That is disappointing... I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed watching him race.. Not being racist, and highly disgusted with anyone who is that narrow minded. I find that quite offensive, and wish Mr. Maisel would stay at home rather than visit the rock again....JMO. Jason Brewington

Jason Brewington,

Steve Wants To Know If You Are An Official?

Is Fredericktown Raceway Asking Him Not To Return?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
i Am Not Defending Anyone Or Anything. But, Sometimes Tempers Flare And Things Out Of Line Are Said. I Don't Think Anyone Should Be Labeled Because Of One Incident.

But, In The Last 2 Race Nights, Steve Has Went Through 2 Rear Bumpers, 2 Quarter Panels, 2 Complete Front Clips, 2 Front Bumpers, From Being Spun Infront Of The Field At Highland And Tcs, And The Deal Last Night. The Incident Last Night At Fredericktown Also Cost Him A Brand New Tire. So Like I Said, I Am Not Defending Him He Is His Own Man. But, I Can See Where Frustration Could Get To A Breaking Point.
As Far As The #68, He Hit Every Car In The Field. He Hit The The Top Two Cars Right Before He Hit Maisel. Then He Put The #21 Into The Wall. It Also Took The #23 Of Wernle 3 Laps To Make It Around Him, And Contact Was Made There Also. Sorry J.J. Sliedways, But Thats Not Racing, And Sometimes Sorry Doesn't Cut It!!!!!!!!

The Flagman Plainly Addressed Rough Driving In The Drivers Meeting. He Even Said It Doesn't Have To Be Intentional To Be Considered Rough Driving. The Flagman Had The Black Flag In Hand For The #68 But Laps Ran Out And The Damage Was Done.
J/m/o

PITDRIFTER said:
Jason Brewington,

Steve Wants To Know If You Are An Official?

Is Fredericktown Raceway Asking Him Not To Return?
No jason is not a offical

No Fredericktown under the new managment has never told anybody no to come back (that I know of)

I will have to agree with you the #68 in hot laps/heat race hit the wall 3 time and never seemed to let off the gas when he hit the wall maybe he's a rookie I dunno I was to busy with the RAMS so I don't get to see to much racing action... next time your down pit look for me I'm usally over in the reseverd parking talking to the #5,90,8,6,3 or walking the pitts.... loook for a fat guy :D :D

Thanks Smurf, Just Curious He Was In The Tower, So Steve Didn't Know.

Like I Said, I'm Not Making Any Excuses For For Anyone. Just Giving A Little Insight As To What Provoked It.

As Far As The Guy In The #68, Nothing Personal Against The Guy. It Was Obvious His Car Wasn't Handling To Good. He Did Do A Better Job In The Feature.

I Do Want To Say To The Sportsman Guys, Ya'll Did A Great Job Last Night. Good, Hard, Clean Racing From What I Saw. We Had Heard That It Got A Little Rough Down There. But, Except For That Before Mentioned First Heat, I Didn't See Any Of The Rough Stuff.

next time your down pit look for me I'm usally over in the reseverd parking talking to the #5,90,8,6,3 or walking the pitts.... loook for a fat guy :D :D[/QUOTE]
Ouch, thats cold, left out of the clique again! :rolleyes:

Jason you are wrong. I know Steve, he is a good racer, and a honest guy, if he said that, that guy is a weapon. If it is who I think it is that guy should not even watch. Great Job Steve, Randy, Dusty, Kasey, Nathen, Kenny, and a great Job Winning Jon Paul.

sorry, but i just though the guy didn't have to say the other guy drives like a "*****ing nig*er!" i mean come on what if there was a black person nearby and heard that mean comment. i just think he couldve used better language but i know how it is when youre pissed.

and what i meant by beaten in bangin is racing is that cars beat and bang off each other, that is to also part of racing. now running into cars purposely and cutting them off into the wall isn't racing. but for example look at late models, theyre good wheel to wheel racing and they beat and bang their way to the front. but you go off and bang two sprint cars together there's going to be one hell of a nasty spill. the moral to all this BLAH is beaten and bangin happens in racing. and no i'm not defending the #68 but i don't think any driver should be insulted like that one was. oh well...sorry everyonr for making this such a big deal, just though it was uncalled for.

Dean is right, Maisel is a good hard racer, but I do remember him as far back in his street stock days at Pevely, he does tend to get hot under the collar occasionally, but really, he's an ok guy.

COBRAII said:
next time your down pit look for me I'm usally over in the reseverd parking talking to the #5,90,8,6,3 or walking the pitts.... loook for a fat guy :D :D
Ouch, thats cold, left out of the clique again! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

now jon I have to keep a close eye on them boys :D :eek: :D (J/K)
let me try agian.... ummm oh the lighting is better over there ;)
ohhh better one... I'm learning from my elders over there :eek:
or better seating over there yeah thats it... :eek:

I have to reply

Im not siding in with anyone and i dont even know Mr Miasel at all. But i know that many of these drivers get very heated when they feel something happens to them during a race. BUTTTTTTTT i absolutly think that , IF this was his language used, it is totaly disrespectful ! There is cussing and then there is taking it way to far and using those words ( in my opinion ) is taking it WAY to far. FOR anyone !!!!!!!! I just hope by these posts that everyone will see that sometimes you have to check your temper and watch what you say in public. LD

I wasn't there, I didnt see it. But if that 68 was that bad then he needed an asswhoopin' with a leather belt. If all he got was some harsh language, then I say he got off lightly.

And that isn't any more disrespectful than wadding up someone elses stuff because you are in over your head.

Tim

i do know one thing he is a good racer and a buddy of mine asked him about a late model and he told him he races both sportsman and late models. that's one good driver.

Folks, sometimes people say things out of aggravation and frustration and it sounds like this was one of those times. In the limited amount of times I've been around Steve all I've ever known and seen of him was that he was a competitor and he takes it seriously. If I were to barbecue everyone in the pits who spewed out some foul phrases there wouldn't be anyone left in ANY of the pits. There's a lot of tension that goes with this sport from a variety of ways and when you see some guy who has just popped out of his car, unless he's grabbed that checkered flag, I guarentee you there was some frustration coming with him. Racers have a way of handling their own problems.

Jason, Jason, Jason...

I Agree With Most Of The Coments, And Thanks To Those Who Understand. We Definitely Weren't Looking To Make Any Enemies Down At The Rock.

Good Clean Racing Is Racing. Rubbin' Is Just A Part Of It. We All Know From Time To Time Your Car Is Gonna Get Banged, Torn, Or Wadded Up. But, If Its A Racing Deal, And We All Know What Those Are, Thats One Thing. But, When A Driver Shows No Regard For His Fellow Competitors And Their Race Cars, Thats Unexceptable.

I've Been Around Maisel Enough To Know At Times He's Easily Riled, But I Also Know He Always Willing To Lend Another Racer A Hand Or Give Some Advice.

J.J., STEVE RACED LATE MODELS IN 2002. HE RAN AT THE ROCK A TIME OR TWO. HE DOESN'T CURRENTLY RUN BOTH CLASSES. IN 2001 HE RAN BOTH MODIFIEDS AND SPORTSMAN. HE DIDN'T CARE MUCH FOR THE MOD, SO HE SOLD EVERYTHING MOD AND SPORTSMAN AND WENT LATE MODEL RACING. HE SOLD OUT EVERYTHING AT THE END OF O2' AND TOOK 2003 OFF. HE STARTED UP A BUSINESS AND DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO DEDICATE TO BOTH. AS WE ALL KNOW MAKING A LIVING COMES FIRST. HE DECIDED TO GO BACK TO SPORTSMAN THIS YEAR AND BUILT THIS CAR OVER THE WINTER. HE'S RUNNING HERE AND THERE LOCALLY AND HOPES TO RUN SOME OF THIS SUMMERS BIG SPORTSMAN SHOWS.

Back