Freeman Garners Pair of Top 10s While Fighting Carburation Issue

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - WILLIS, Texas (Sept. 1, 2014) - Cody Freeman fought carburation issues throughout last weekend.
"We didn't have the results we hoped for," he said. "The car handled great. The changes we've made on the setup and everything we've been working on definitely made a vast improvement. However, I don't know if it was with the rain chances being so high and it being so humid, but the carburation was just off. It was way too rich all weekend long. We never had any top end out of the car."
Freeman advanced from eighth to seventh place during his heat race on Friday at Heart O'Texas Speedway in Waco, Texas. He then finished with a sixth-place result in the main event after lining up on the inside of the fourth row.
"We ran in the top five for a little bit there, but we didn't have the straightaway speed that everybody else did," he said. "Ultimately, that's what cost us."
The team tackled Gator Motorplex on Saturday.
Freeman ended fifth in his heat race and after starting on the outside of the third row for the main event, he finished seventh to record his 22 [sup]nd[/sup] top 10 of the season.
"Just like the night before the car just had no pull," he said. "It was really strange. I don't know if it was since we've done so much testing in the northern part of Texas and the fact that the air was so thick and humid, but we're scratching our heads."
Freeman will return to action this Friday at Mountain Creek Speedway in Grand Prairie, Texas. He has finished in the top four of every race at that track this season.
"We've had good results at Mountain Creek," he said. "We're excited to go back. We've got to figure out the carburation issue. Hopefully it's a clear, dry, sunshiny day and we'll be ok."
QUICK RESULTS -
Aug. 29 - Heart O'Texas Speedway in Waco, Texas - Heat race: 7 (8); Feature: 6 (7).
Aug. 30 - Gator Motorplex in Willis, Texas - Heat race: 5 (2); Feature: 7 (6).
SEASON STATS -
26 races, 0 wins, 11 top fives, 22 top 10s, 25 top 15s, 25 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Friday at Mountain Creek Speedway in Grand Prairie, Texas
MEDIA LINKS -
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FKRMotorsports
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Casedhole Solutions
Casedhole Solutions provides a broad range of services that cover the full life of the well, from drilling and completion to production, and finally to plug and abandonment. These services include perforating, pipe recovery, wireline logging, pressure pumping and wellsite make-up and pressure testing. The company's expert crews utilize the most advanced equipment and are extensively trained to provide services with utmost efficiency and safety. For more information, visit http://www.Casedhole-Solutions.com.
"I am honored to have Casedhole Solutions return to support me for the third year," Freeman said. "They were the very first company to get behind me when I was racing karts in 2011. They stand behind their company slogan of 'Where the People make the difference!' I believe they prove this by the support they give me and helping provide opportunities I wouldn't have without them."
Freeman would also like to thank C&J Energy Services, Frank Henry Equipment, McCallister Precision Marketing and Driver Websites for their continued support.

Back