From a fans point of view, what changes would you like to see at I-55 raceway next year?

Racerfan X

The Thread Killer
I love I-55 but I don't care for fountain soda. So you are forced to try and get it out of the soda machines. I can't tell you how many times the soda gets stuck, or wont take your money. It would be nice if they would just sell 20oz bottled soda over the counter at the concession stand also.
Other than that, quite possibly the best modified racing in the country...

Agree with the soda deal. Surprised that track workers response to the machines not working is basically " tough luck. " From someone who travels 3 plus hours 2-4 times per year to I-55 they already disappointed us by adding a fifth class. With the car count they get, not sure it was needed. Hope they continue to run LM and mod features early in the line up.

Get rid of Allied an get some better food in the concessions...I-55 is a great track to race at. its just time for a change... I race at I-55 an have been watching racing there since i was a lil kid... an i have to say i have seen the program there deterate over there years. Allied has screwed enough racers an fans over the years... an maybe they need to promote to new sponsors to get our payouts up a bit.. our costs go up but never our pay...

Get rid of Allied an get some better food in the concessions...I-55 is a great track to race at. its just time for a change... I race at I-55 an have been watching racing there since i was a lil kid... an i have to say i have seen the program there deterate over there years. Allied has screwed enough racers an fans over the years... an maybe they need to promote to new sponsors to get our payouts up a bit.. our costs go up but never our pay...
they been down that road before yeah it was fun getting home at 4am in morning back then

Non wing sprint cars once or twice next summer...
Soda situation is weak
I55 is the best all around track going

We lost many nights of racing even though the day of the race the weather was great. I know it's been talked about before but there is a business (the track) on Herky Horney Rd. If there was anywhere else in the area that a road flooded affected a business you know the state, county, city, etc. would try to fix the problem. I-55 should try to work with who ever is responsible for this road, perhaps even offer to co-op some of the cost. (What did the track lose, 4 nights of racing last year?) As far as the pits how about a sand bag wall? Or is this just impossible?

Vintage cars, Poweri, USAC, non-wing sprints. YES, YES, YES!

From my standpoint, the key part missing for the big nights is a transponder system like tri has. I know it must be expensive, but Pevely is using the same technology that was used in the the 1950's-60's, when all cars had to time trial. Multiliple car time trials speed up the event & can maybe allow them to oneday compete for a Lucas event or something like Modified Mania & actually multiple car time trials can be pretty exciting. Other things is better organized track preparation at big events WoO was poor. Also when the fans are there to see a big event don't bring on all the slower races first, mix them up. Would as was stated like to have option for bottled soda work. & use the same brats bel-clair does & make Jeff Cnty do something about Herky & flooding, lots of lost revenue. It's a great track w/ great viewing especially turns 3 & 4.

Also how about makeup races on sun when sat gets rained out belleville gets it done on sun how about alternating makeups they get one we get one just keep it fair why should bell. Get to makeup most of their races and i-55 drivers dont

belleville hasnt raced on sundays for a few years now....not a good idea. sundays are definately a non profit race day for promotors.

Winged sprint cars every Friday night with the same rules as Farmington and have a two-track championship like FAST (Freemont-Attica) does in Ohio. :D:D:D:D:D

I like that idea. I really wish that someone ran winged sprints/midgets/micros on a more regular basis. The same case could be made for Belleville on Saturday nights...but I don't think the winged sprints would work too well on that bull-ring.

Summit Distributing (Coors Distributor) just flat out put a better offer to I-55 Raceway than the AB Distributor...

On the bright side, Summit Distributing has signed to distribute the new beer that Billy Busch and several former AB executives are brewing called Kräftig. So Kräftig which is intended to be a directed competitor of Budweiser should be available at I-55.

Bud Light, an Budwieser instead of Coors Lite an Keystone....

Back