from the 330 chevette for sale thread

SMURFBLUE3

FORD PARTS PUSHER
first to Bobby and Millsey this is just a comparison of the rules not a gripe fest thread that goes for both set of driver PLEASE NO BASHING!!!!!!!

Mini Stock Specifications

Drivers must be a minimum of 16 years of age. All drivers under the age of 18 must have a copy of birth certificate or driver’s license and release form signed by both parents on file before being allowed to compete.

Competing Models

Any inline four cylinder, two or four door compact sedan. Any inline four cylinder compact pickup, foreign or domestic. Rear wheel drive cars or trucks only. No front wheel or four wheel drive vehicles allowed. No two seat compact cars allowed. No Volkswagens, convertibles, high performance cars or station wagons allowed. No fuel injected, turbo charged or rotary powered cars or trucks allowed. No mid or rear engine vehicles.

Bodies

1. All cars and trucks must weigh a minimum of 2500 pounds with driver.

2. All cars and trucks shall have a minimum wheelbase of 84 inches. Maximum wheelbase 112 inches.

3. Body must remain completely stock. Must have factory stock firewalls and floor pans. All openings in firewalls and floor pans must be sealed.

4. Fender wells may be removed. Trimming of fenders allowed for tire clearance only. Truck bed floors may be removed, but top of bed must be covered and cover must be securely fastened.

5. All glass and exterior trim must be removed. Hood and trunk must be safely secured. Doors must be welded shut. Driver’s compartment must be completely gutted. IF IT WILL BURN, TAKE IT OUT!!

6. Stock steel front bumpers may be used and may be reinforced between frame rails. Inside bumpers with 1 1/2 O.D. tubing maximum. NO shock absorber type bumpers allowed. No angle iron. Square tubing bumper allowed on front or rear, 1 1/2 square minimum, 2x4 maximum. No sharp edges. SEE ATTACHED DRAWINGS.

7. Front and rear bumpers must have a minimum of 1 1/2” O.D. .090 round steel tubing welded to bumpers and turned and mounted to frame. See Photo Page, Fig. MS 1, MS 2, MS 3.

8. Door panels may be trimmed for bar clearance.

9. Must have chain or some way of picking up car on front or rear.

10. Original grill may be removed, but screen wire or expanded metal must be installed to retain stock appearance.

11. Rub rail can be used. Not to exceed 1 1/2” in diameter. Ends must be rounded or wrapped. No sharp edges.

12. Vehicles shall be numbered in the following manner: Roof, minimum 18 inches tall, Door: minimum 18 inches tall. All numbers should be legible from the scoring tower.

Engine and Drive Train

1. Engine must be in stock position, no offset or lowering allowed.

2. Factory stock carburetors or Holley 500 2 barrel with a 2 inch maximum spacer and/or adaptor plate is permitted. No fuel injection. 1 3/8” venturi rule applies.

3. Stock intake for type of vehicle you are racing. No aftermarket or homemade intakes allowed.

4. Stock stroke engines only. No stroker kits allowed.

5. Any exhaust may be used. Must exit under vehicle and must pass beyond drivers compartment. Exhaust may be painted white or rusted. No ceramic coating or wrapping of exhaust allowed. Stock or turbo mufflers mandatory. No glass packs or catalytic converters for mufflers.

6. Heads must be stock. Heads and blocks may be decked for trueness. Engines may be bored for cylinder trueness. No porting or polishing. Heads must be for type of vehicle you are racing (Chevy to Chevy, Ford to Ford). Aftermarket cams may be used. Flat top or dished pistons only.

7. Air cleaners may exit hood buy not to obstruct drivers vision. No extreme air cleaners allowed.

8. No aluminum flywheels. Stock clutch, pressure plate and flywheel. Flywheel may not be shaved or drilled. Flywheels may be surfaced for trueness.

9. Stock transmissions only. No racing type transmissions. All vehicles must have forward and reverse gears.

10. All vehicles must have a working starter.

11. Locked rear ends allowed.

12. Weight jacks allowed. Car or truck must use same type of suspension that it came out of the factory with. Racing style shocks allowed. No coil overs.

13. All vehicles must have a minimum of 3 working brakes.

14. Racing rubber only. Minimum 8 inches wide.

15. Steel wheels only. No aluminum wheels.

16. Pump gas or racing fuel only. No additives allowed.

Important Note: Anything not specified in these rules must be stock from the manufacturer. The track director and race officials will strive to implement rules fairly and equally among all participants. Remember, this class is for FUN!

Roll Cage

1. All cars and trucks must have a six (6) point roll cage with a minimum of 1 1/2 inch O.D. .090 wall round tubing. No square tubing is allowed. All uni-body cars must have either a 6”x6”x3/16” minimum plate bolted to the top and bottom of floor pan and cage must be welded to plate or a sub frame connector made of a minimum 1 1/2” .090 O.D. square steel tubing bolted or welded to frame. No crossbracing allowed. Cage may be welded to sub-frame connector.

2. Two bars minimum to rear of vehicle, must attach to frame.

3. Three bars on left door, mandatory. Two horizontal bars or “X” in the right side. Minimum of three vertical bars in front of the driver in the windshield area.

4. Fuel cells are mandatory and must be strapped down with a minimum of two metal straps and must be in the trunk of the cars or the bed of the trucks. Must have firewall between driver and fuel cell. If the cell is in the bed of the truck, the fuel cell or bed must be covered. Fuel cells must be in a canister made of a minimum of 22 gauge steel.

5. Batteries must be completely enclosed and securely mounted in the trunk or bed of the truck. Marine type boxes allowed.

6. All vehicles must have a “kill” switch mounted on the left of the steering wheel on dash panel and a fuel shut off valve in easy reach of the driver.

7. Driveshafts must be painted white and have one loop located within 6” to 12” of the rear of the transmission. Loop must be of 2” wide 1/2” thick steel.

8. Any added weight must be painted white securely fastened and have car or truck number on it.

9. All vehicles must be neat and clean in appearance.

Safety Equipment

All safety equipment must be worn any time vehicle is on racing surface.

1. Name brand flame retardant uniform .

2. Five point racing style harness, dated not over three years and must be secured to the roll cage or the floor pans.

3. Racing type seats mandatory and must be secured to the roll cage. Seat must be left of driveline.

4. Driver’s side window net mandatory.

5. Neck brace or helmet restraint.

6. Helmets must be one of the three latest Snell approved full head coverage competition types.

7. Driver’s side window net mandatory.

8. Fire retardant gloves.

9. Racing style shoes recommended.

10. Fire extinguishers highly recommended.

RAMS Mini Stock Rules for 2004

These are the Mini Stock rules of the Racing Association of Mini Stocks. They have been adopted by the RAMS association members. It is our goal for these rules to become widely accepted so it will promote the growth and prosperity of the Mini Stock class.

Also please note, vehicle numbers for the RAMS members can be registered by contacting Jeff Mills at (573) 747-0566. Existing RAMS members have first choice on vehicle numbers. This rule takes effect immediately.

Safety & Tech man have the option to view your vehicle at any time.

Drivers must be a minimum of 14 years of age. Drivers under the age of 16 must complete a driving test before they are allowed to compete. All drivers under the age of 18 must have released form and birth certificate on file before being allowed to compete.

COMPETING MODELS

1. Any inline four cylinder, two or four door compact sedan. Any inline four cylinder compact pickup, foreign or domestic. Rear wheel drive cars or trucks only. No front wheel drive vehicles allowed. No four wheel drive vehicles allowed. No two seat compact cars allowed. No Volkswagens, No convertibles or high performance cars allowed. No fuel injected, turbo charged or rotary powered cars or trucks allowed. No mid or rear engine vehicles. Extended cabs and wagons are exceptable as long as they have a 94 to 112 wheel base.

2. All cars and trucks shall have a minimum of 2500 pounds with driver.

3. All cars and trucks shall have a minimum wheelbase of 94 or a maximum wheelbase of 112.

BODIES

1. Body must remain basically stock. Must have factory stock firewalls and floor pans must be sealed. May cut drivers door opening for ease of entering and exiting. If you need to replace the stock metal on your vehicle, it must be a stock appearing and be a minimum thickness of .040 steel only. You can run plastic at bottom of bodies as skirting only. Maximum of 6.

2. Fender wells may be removed. Trimming of fenders allowed for tire clearance only. Truck bed floors may be removed, but top of bed must be covered and cover must be securely fastened.

3. All glass and exterior trim must be removed. Hood and trunk must be safely secured. Doors must be welded shut. Driver compartment must be completely gutted. IF IT WILL BURN, TAKE IT OFF!!!

4. Stock front bumpers made of steel may be used and may be reinforced between frame rails. Inside bumpers with 1 ½ O.D. tubing maximum. NO shock absorber type bumpers allowed. No angle iron. Square tubing bumpers allowed on front or rear, 1 ½ square minimum, 2x3 maximum. Must have top and bottom loop minimum of 12 from ground, maximum 28 from ground. Must be capped with stock type bumper.

5. Front and rear bumpers must have a minimum of 1 ½ .090 O. D. round steel tubing welded to bumpers and turned and mounted to frame.

6. Door panels may be trimmed for bar clearance.

7. Must have chain or some way of picking up car on front and rear.

8. Original grill may be removed, but screen wire or expanded metal must be installed to retain stock appearance. After market noses optional.

9. Rub rail can be used not to exceed 1 ½ diameter. Ends must be rounded or wrapped. No sharp edges. Must be no more than 3 from side of body.

10. Vehicles shall be numbered in the following manner: ROOF: minimum of 18 tall DOOR: minimum of 18 tall Top right hand corner of windshield or in place of right headlight: 5 tall.

ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN

1. Engine must be in stock position, no offset or lowering allowed.

2. Factory stock carburetors or Holly 500 2 barrel with a 2 maximum spacer and/or adapter plate is permitted. No fuel injection. 1 3/8 venturi rule applies.

3. Stock and after-market intake for type of vehicle you are racing. But must be reduced to a single 2 barrel carburetor as stated in rule #2.

4. Any exhaust may be used. Must exit under vehicle and must pass beyond drivers compartment without pointing straight down. Mufflers are optional.

5. Heads must be stock. Heads and blocks may be decked for trueness. Engine may be bored for cylinder trueness. No porting or polishing. Heads must be for type of vehicle you are racing ( Chevy to Chevy, Ford to Ford) After market cams may be used. EXCEPTION: No after market roller cams allowed. Stock roller cams may be used. No stroker motors. Motor can be any bore, but must remain STOCK STROKE! No dual overhead cams are allowed!

6. Air cleaners may exit hood but not to obstruct drivers vision. No extreme air cleaners allowed.

7. No aluminum flywheels. Stock clutch, pressure plate and flywheel. Flywheel may not be shaved or drilled.

8. Stock transmissions only. No racing type transmissions. All vehicles must have forward and reverse gears.

9. All vehicles must have a working starter.

10. Locked rear ends allowed.

11. Weight jacks allowed. Car or truck must use same type suspension that it came out of the factory with. Racing style shocks allowed. No coil overs. No coil eliminators. May add coil spring with weight jack bolts to leaf spring vehicle. May run mono leaf springs. No sliders allowed.

12. All vehicles must have a minimum of 8" wide tires. Racing rubber only, grooving of tires allowed.

13. Steel wheels only. No aluminum wheels.

14. Pump gas or racing fuel ONLY. No alcohol or additives allowed.

15. A mandatory 2 plug on the drivers side rear center of oil pan for crank and rod inspection.

MINI STOCK SAFETY RULES

All safety equipment must be worn anytime vehicle is on racing surface. Check with track rules that you are racing at.

1. All cars and trucks must have a six (6) point roll cage with a minimum of 1 ½ O.D. .090 wall round tubing. No square tubing is allowed. All uni-body cars must have either a 6x6x3/16 minimum plate bolted to the top and bottom of floor pan and cage must be welded to plate or a sub-frame connector made of a minimum 11/2 .090 O.D. square steel tubing bolted or welded to frame. Cage may be welded to sub-frame connector.

2. Two bars minimum to rear of car or truck, must attach to frame.

3. Three bars on left door are mandatory. Two horizontal bars or X in the right side. Minimum of three vertical bars in front of the driver in the windshield area.

4. Fuel cells are mandatory and must be strapped down with a minimum of two metal straps and must be in the trunk of the cars or the bed of the trucks. Must have firewall between driver and fuel cell, if the cell is in the bed of the truck, the fuel cell or bed must be covered. Fuel cells must be in a canister made of a minimum of 22 gauge steel.

5. Batteries must be securely mounted in the trunk or bed of the vehicle. Marine type boxes allowed.

6. All vehicles must have a kill switch mounted on left of steering wheel on dash panel and a fuel shut off valve in reach of driver.

7. Drive shafts must be painted white with car number on them and have one loop located with in 12 of rear of transmission.

8. Fire retardant driving suits are MANDATORY. Fire retardant shoes, gloves, and neck braces are optional. Must check with track rules that you are racing at.

9. Five (5) point racing type seat belts dated not over 4 years are mandatory. Seat belts must be secured to the roll cage or the floor pan.

10. Racing type seats are mandatory and must be securely mounted.

11. Drivers side window net mandatory.

12. Helmets must be one of the three latest Snell approved full head coverage competition types.

13. Any added weight must be painted white, securely fastened and have car or truck number on it.

14. All vehicles must be clean and neat in appearance. Show some pride.

15. Must use 1" lug nuts.

16. Driver's side door plate is mandatory. (Door plate description: Steel door plates,18 gauge or .049-inch minimum thickness metal, must be securly welded to outside of door bars on drivers side. Plate must cover the area from the top door bar to the bottom door bar, must extend 5 inches in front of seat and 5 inches behind seat (in the case of trucks the rear down post of the roll bar )

IMPORTANT NOTE:

1. When you buy an existing vehicle, the points accumulated DO NOT stay with the vehicle.

2. If a vehicle is substituted, you must have a visual car # change and start at the back of the pack.

3. If you run a RAMS point series event, ALL RAMS rules and regulations must be followed. NO EXCEPTIONS, Non-RAMS members will be allowed to compete, only if they meet all RAMS criteria.

4. FIGHTING AND THREATS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!! No driver shall be under the influence of DRUGS OR ALCOHOL. Any violations of either rule will be PUNISHED. By being BANNED from RAMS events until appointed officers and RAMS members decide to vote for you to be able to race again. Remember this is a FAMILY orientated and for FUN!!!

5. Anything not specified in these rules must be stock from the manufacturer. The track director and race officials will strive to implement rules fairly and equally among all participants.

6. IGNORANCE OF THE RULES IS NO EXCUSE!

these are copyied of both web pages as listed on the forums...

here are the differences I see
age DR 16 Rams 15(I thought it was 14)

station wagons DR NO Rams YES if meets wheelbase
rules

Holley 500 or stock somebody asked and was told that it had to be a holley 500 not a 350?? (bobby can you shed some light on this for sure?)

intake DR factory only Rams aftermarket okay

Mufflers DR maditory Rams OPTIONAL

weight jack DR only if car/truck had factory rear coil springs Rams can add to any car

other rule Rams have

door plate (safety only)
2 inc plug in pan
1 inch lug nuts
date on belts our is one year longer
skirting rules under car

so now here is my personal opion I have checked a bunch of doe run car when they come to our track or SFCR and I will tell you this 99% of them are legal beside the lugnuts and door plate thing! why because our rules are so close it's not funny

here is my suggestion for the 2005 season (for when other tracks pick up the UMP style points for mini's)

door plate - optional its your leg if you want to lose it (ask a few drivers that it has saved) (duck little 302 )

lug nuts - optional but when you run racing wheels with little lug nuts your wheel will pull through eventally

2 inch plug LETS SAY BY BY to that freaking thing!!!!!!!

Mufflers lets put them on

age thats a insurance thing nothing can be done about it

intakes lets go back to stock

belts little more research to see what the Manufactors and other class's ask for

rear weight jacks take em out ? I'm split on this on but wolf and shannon does good without them so did Marty!!

holley 500 just make the rule say up to a 500 holley allowed

staion wagon aw come on they fit the wheelbase rule:) but who wants to get beat by a grocery getter:):)

I belive if Doe Run and Fredericktown would work together
on these rules with (RUMOR) SFCR maybe picking mini's up I belive you would see this clas bust out at the seams It will be the cheapest best bang for your buck racing!!!

like last friday night if my car would have been in doe run rules I would have came out but it wasn't so I did not try to push the subject by brining the car to Doe run trust me I would have loved to race I'm having withdraw symptoms (been cutting donuts in the feild)

now like I said in the beginning these are MY OPINIONS play nice and lets have a good discusion on these rules any and all opions are welcomed...

cars like the chevette and a mustang (fox body) are 4 coil cars so by the way I read the DRR rules then cars like that couls have 4 wieght jacks but cars like mine and your new one can have only the front ones the rear we wil have to use mono leafs or just adjust the spring pack remove a few on the driver side..... take a look at shannon's he got just leaf spring rear and is doing good.....

Good job Smurf!! :D

I agree that it would be very beneficial for the class as a whole if there were one set of car rules that basically covered all of the tracks in the area that run ministocks.

I think you might be on to something here. It might be something that maybe the track promoters and drivers might want to think about getting together and discussing shortly after the season is over and before the off-season work starts on the cars.

Yes he might be on the track BUt

But then you see this then on another post you want to bend the rules to make it legal for another car to be able to run that is what I am talking about we need to make the rules and stick to them if not burn the rules and go for the gusto. I also think that if you get caught bending the rules you should be sitting out for three race events. I know of one truck that you all wont let race with your Rams deal because of the motor mounts but let this car race with an after market frame job.

flamewarrior said:
But then you see this then on another post you want to bend the rules to make it legal for another car to be able to run that is what I am talking about we need to make the rules and stick to them if not burn the rules and go for the gusto. I also think that if you get caught bending the rules you should be sitting out for three race events. I know of one truck that you all wont let race with your Rams deal because of the motor mounts but let this car race with an after market frame job.

Flame I try not to bring that truck back up... but for the record since you brought the subject up...

both cars in question was built by the same driver
the chevette was a doe run original
it's not the motor mounts on the other vehicle it is the alternation of the factory firewall...
I saw 2 trucks with the same motor in them one was altered firewall other wasn't so you tell me why one had altered firewall.

be honest I don't want to get in this conversation at all.. but we was told if that truck was alllowed to race like that other's would start moving there motors back and why do you set a motor back what does that accomplish??? some will say nothing at all but really if it don't help don't do it... I have been told the father back you can move the motor the more the car can set the rearend on take off and off corners....

here is another thing Flame what if after all the years you ran your mustang they told you it was not it the rules either you had to fix it or park it would it be fair to you???

I understand why a certian person is not happy with us on this truck but it was another chevy truck guys that had the problem with it..they wanted it DQ that night..

here is my thinking on this whole subject..... as long as we (all MINISTOCKS drivers and promoters) could agree on a SET of rules I would say lets "grandfather" these vehicles in for the simplicty of they have raced at both track to long to be put away if I owned one of them I would be peed off if I was told after all these years your mini aint' legal

Flame these are the "small" item that will keep this class from growing if we have 3 local tracks running these cars (DRR ROCK SFCR) I will bet that you will see in 1 to 2 years this being one of the hottest class's going why? cheep to get started choice of tracks to run at great starter clas for young kids to get into!!!

Flame and other cars metioned above do not take any of this as personal attacks I have no "grudes" agiast any body I just want this class to grow (because it's all I can afford to race) and I do try to look at all things from both sides Flame and Wings Rock thanks for you comments stuff mentioned above is what keeping this class small..

thanks for the reply's

Hey Smurf

The rules on the Doe Run site say.......... Drivers must be 15 years of age with prior racing experiance. The big rule though is.... Important note: Anything not specified in these rules must be stock from the manufacturer. So, if you guy's are wanting to level the playing field your gonna have to get rid of more than weight jacks on leaf cars. Example, oversize valves do you think everybody using them are gonna just up and decide not to use their $900 heads? Or aftermarket distributors? Basically if you want to run at Doe Run be ready to race by Doe Run rules and hope that the officials implement them fairly to everyone. Same goes for the RAMS rules. Makes no difference what the points system is based on. As for grandfathering in cars..... if a car has a decided advantage wether it be chassis or drivetrain how do you allow them to keep it and expect new builders/drivers to not want to be able to use the same ideas? If its not an advantage they won't worry about giving it up. Right? :)

AHHH I forgot about the oversized valves thing.... mmmm that would be one of them is he running them or not I hear a protest coming on.. good point Cobra..... the distibtor thing aint that hard to fix easier than the head thing... this is where DRR could allow oversize valves (probably already some running there) I belive this is where we (Rams) refined the rules too many "gray" areas

again just my thoughts

so far only 3 people has decied to enter into civilized descussion so far.... come on we need some more input:)

Civilized?

SMURFBLUE3 said:
so far only 3 people has decied to enter into civilized descussion so far.... come on we need some more input:)
Civilized? sorry I'm tired :p I gotta take a nap. Oprah comes on at four :)

COBRAII said:
Civilized? sorry I'm tired :p I gotta take a nap. Oprah comes on at four :)
yeah that midnight shift stinks don't it :D hey guess what's on the back of the Produce Pull truck :eek:
extended cab 78 w/460 :eek: :eek:

ok guys here's my two cents worth....i agree that there needs to be one set of rules governing the ministocks. some changes would have to be made in both of the current sets.one factor that should be considered when making changes is the number one reason this class is appealing to new racers.....LOW COST TO BUILD AND COMPETE.... if we allow to much alterations to a given car or truck then we drive the cost up to be competive. that puts to many ministock drivers at a disavantage, that is not what this class is about. another thing is the faster we go as far as speed is concerend the more dangerious it becomes. another reason why this class is so diserable...it is pretty safe. if we push the limits of these cars and trucks then we are increasing the risk of injury. another thing is this...if the new rules mean something is illeagel on your current car or truck, you just have to change it...period. it happens in other classes from time to time, like the tire rules. a guy buys all new rubber and then the rule changes and they have to change all there tires. but anyway, as a driver i know that i would like to be on the same set of rules as everyone else. that would put a stop to anyone having anamosity twords another driver, something this class can do without. one last thing... the rules have to be inforced!! thanks for the oppertunity to express my thoughts...i would just like to see this class really grow and stay around for a long time!!!! i know i can,t afford to race any other class of cars, so give this old guy a chance to race and have FUN !!! thanks again ..... BRIAN MCGEE

The Chevette was not a Doe Run original. Bobby outlawed this car before it ever raced at DRR.This car was said that it was grandfathered in to the RAMS since DRR allowed it. I found out for myself that this car was not legal at DRR and said that it needed to disappear before it was bought by the previous owner.I did not find out about it till earlier this year. To me a s-10 front end and hyme joint control arms on the rear did not come out from the factory. The"Hustler"

The originals were:

Steve Harris-Nissan truck
Tom Harris- Chevy S-10
Bruce Boren-Capri
Kenny Bequette- Mustang
Kevin Buckley- Chevy S-10
Chuck White- Ford Ranger
Carl Bellew- Mitsibuishi truck
and that purple #29 S-10 truck ( I can't remember that guy's name)

This is just what I was told. This is my first year racing a ministock. I guess I will just sell it to someone here for MCS.

Hey Brian

Brian, That is exactly what the Mini Stock class was started to do. Be affordable and fun !!!!!!!!! The money amount and rules being opened has changed it alot. I agree with you on your post. RULES are RULES ...... PERIOD !!!!!! No exemptions... or exceptions ! LeaDonna

Boyer was in the #29, but was it the first year? I'm not sure....

Smurf, you can have weight jacks on a leaf car. They have to be the type that replace the rear shackles. I don't know the effectiveness but....You CAN run them.

I don't think that the factory S-10 front end parts on a chevette are a cardinal sin, but hiems aren't stock and a tube frame is a little extreme for a mini(STOCK) class. I too was told that this car was not a legal DRR car from the start.

I don't feel strongly against set backs for the truck motors, but there needs to be a limit. I would only favor it for a truck in the class because they have more frontend weight than that of a car bodied racer because of the motor position and body construction. Stock position may be the best medicine here.

As far as intakes and heads and things of that nature- Time and availability should set the tone for stock vs. aftermarket intakes. The good ones are hard to find for ford motors which portrays the need, but the equal Chevy or Dodge, etc. parts don't exist. It is very hard to find performance parts for the chevy motors and I am sure it is the same with the dodge/mitsubishi parts. Ford performance stuff is dime a dozen, so to speak. There is too much of an advantage with the fords if you let it go to aftermarket intakes.

Oversized valves may help a little, but without porting they aren't going to make a major jump in horsepower. It is kind of like overbores, yeah you get more cubes but you get more weight too, and you're still feeding it through the same port.

CARBS......Can anyone say 1 3/8" venturi, bottom line. 1 carb, 2 barrels, 1 3/8" venturi and who cares what CFM they want to call it. The venturi sets the limit here.

Now for another roar from the chevy camp... How about allowing a stronger rod/wristpin, piston and crank in the chevies? It is proven that the motors can't take higher RPMs like the ford can. Also the overhead cam motors can make a little more power than a pushrod engine, so what would be the harm in allowing it? If they run stock they may be replacing the motor or rotating assembly several times throughout the season and that could easily equal what they would spend on a good assembly that would last...

There you go Smurf, remember you asked....

Back