Fuel gauge

Just wondering if anyone knows about installing a fuel gauge. There is wiring there for one, just dont have a dashboard anymore. I had my car at playday in highland yesterday and noticed it would stumble, almost die in a turn or just out of one. We assumed it was fuel pump wiring and checked everything. Took the car back out and SAME thing. Turns out I was REALLY low on fuel. I know. Sounds stupid, "Fill yer car up before ya race.":rolleyes: But I have no way of checking my level. Except shaking the car back and forth and listen for the slosh. Hehe. So any helpful hints would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:D

Rick Viviano 121V Driver:D

how many times you had to add gas this year????? When I ran that car i had two maybe two and a half full tanks of gas to run that car all year...

put a 90 degree elbow fitting near the bottom edge of the fuel cell, and another near the top... point them at each other. put a section of clear hose in between. use quality stuff, and quality workmanship. don't want a leak. and put it where it's well protected.

Oh Yeah...

how many times you had to add gas this year????? When I ran that car i had two maybe two and a half full tanks of gas to run that car all year...

None yet.:eek: I filled it completely full before the first playday and that was that. Didn't think it would be that low already. But you never know.:rolleyes: I'll be filling it up sat. Then we'll see.:D

Thanks man.

Rick Viviano 121V Driver

Never thought of that!?!

put a 90 degree elbow fitting near the bottom edge of the fuel cell, and another near the top... point them at each other. put a section of clear hose in between. use quality stuff, and quality workmanship. don't want a leak. and put it where it's well protected.

Sorry Midget Racer, I don't have a fuel cell in my hornet.:eek: But that is an AWESOME IDEA!!!! :DWhen I need a cell thats exactly what I'm gonna do. Thanks for the good tip!;):D

Rick Viviano 121V Driver:D

Back