Fuel Question/Old Ruminations

BillBallinger

This isn't exactly a racing question, but it prtains to fuel. I am in the process of having built a 600 or so hp 12:1 466 ci BBF by a really good builder and friend over in Cuba, MO for a '65 Galaxie, kind of a vintage moonshine tribute car, that will be on the street a little(historic plates) and some drag racing, maybe a little vintage dirt too. I am going to need R/M2 110 octance fuel. Where around Desloge, MO can I buy it? I live right behind a fellow on Old Bonne Terre Road/Hawthorne who races dirt cars, but I am too shy to bother him. I am legally blind and disabled, so my son and wife will be doing the driving. but I still like to wrench on what I can. I have to take a alot of breaks because the doc thinks I probably have emphysema from welding. I have alot of trouble breathing. BTW, don't use Brakcleen to clean parts before welding, thats why I am where I am at.

If my nephew moves up here wants me to help him build a good dirt car. It kind of runs through my veins :cool: Back in the '70's I used to hang out in Larry Phillips shop in Springfield, MO. I learned alot from the man, RIP. I learned about suspensions from one of the greatest dirt racers to ever live and I cherish it everyday. But I do miss driving, bad.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, and I hope I'm not violating any rules posting here. Thanks for listening. Maybe I'll meet my neighbor someday :)

Bill Ballinger
1129 Stone Crest
Bonne Terre/ Desloge
billballingersr@att.net
(573)431-0040

Back