Fun and Games at Highland Speedway

t.nie

Patience Tester
So, I attended another function over in Highland last night that kept me preoccupied for most of the evening, but around 10 or so, I left and figured what the heck, I can still take in a couple of features if I am lucky, so I headed on over to Highland Speedway. I parked and saw the sportsman's just rolling out to start the feature as I walked toward the main gate. When I get there, I am met by one of the fairboards grossly overweight and incredibly ignorant rent-a-cops, a guy who's name is Burns. He says to me "Got a ticket?" and my reply is no, I dont, I was at another function tonight, and I am just getting here, I arranged to meet some friends here toward the end of the show. He says, "You cant go in." So I am like, what? How many races are left, like, the bombers and hornets? "No, there is a lot more than that left. No ticket, your not going in. Period." So I ask him, can I buy a ticket then? "Ticket office closed at intermission. You cant buy a ticket. No ticket, no entry." So, I cant get past doughnut man without a ticket, and there are no tickets for sale. Ummm... ok.

I stand there, thinking this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. I walked into an ARCA race with 70 laps to go for free, been to TCS on my way back from St Louis a few times to catch the last 2 features without a problem, was even let into an ASA race at Gateway for nothing when I got there pretty well into the show, and at all of those races I would have happily paid SOMETHING to get in. But here I am, at Highland Speedway on a Sat night with money for a ticket, a desire to pay, a desire to catch even a couple races since so many have been rained out lately, and Corporal Klingon telling me "None Shall Pass" and the ticket office is closed.

So I just tell the guy, you know what? I think I'll go talk to Charlie. Have a nice night, and keep up the good work, uh, whats that name on your shirt there?... Ahh, BURNS, yes, Burns, of Delta Securities, works for the Fair Board, what a guy that Burns. Great job Burns, your really keeping things under control.

So, I walk all the way around to the pit shack, tell them this, and they sell me a pit pass for $10. Now, you see, that is how you take care of people, and keep them coming back. I want to thank Charlie's folks in the pit shack, they were totally cool about the whole deal, and took care of me. As for Mr Burns, of Delta Securities? Well, If I ever see you getting your rotund butt kicked at Highland Speedway in the middle of a drunken brawl, dont think I will be lifting a finger to help you. I will probably be leading the cheering section.

I Think The Rent A Cops Do A Good Job And They Only Do What They R Told To Do I Guess He Could A Told You Try The Pits They Might Sell Still Woulda Been A Better Way To Handle It I Guess Instead Of No Ticket No Intrance It Does Make Since If There Were All Cons Left And The Features Though Some People Only Come For The Features See What Im Saying!!

Or the rent a cops could pull their heads out of their butts. You obviously dont read much. I was otherwise preoccupied until around ten (which is why I didnt go earlier), then I thought I might get to see some friends who were there, as well as a couple races. The point is that I have done this at many other tracks when I couldnt get to the full show, and never had a problem, until this Mr Burns gentleman with his little bit of power. The guy was a jerk. Period. Believe me, if you had been standing there having this conversation with him when there were two features left to run, the bombers and the hornets, you would have been thinking the same thing I was, which was how stupid can one person possibly be?

LOL yea t.nie I saw you talkin to the rent a cop because i got there around 10 also becaus I had to work but I just walked around the other side of the ticket booth and went right in.Thanks for helping me distract him.

then tnie show early and yes I read your rambling or go to fanfreindly trackor for that matter get your brains out of your ---- AND USE THEM ENOUGH SAID

we showed up there about a month ago with only 3 features left to run and the fat cop said it would be $5 a head and he let us go in!!!

The Big Fella

lol hopefully the fat cop doesnt get on here and see this because I mean im 6' but that dude is like 3 times my body weight and I wouldnt be sayin any of this to that big fellas face

my question to highland officals how in the hell does a car sit in the pits for two laps and a yellow comes out for [someone else spinning] this guy pulls on the track they put him in third position and then a #2 car gets spun almost flips three laps to go and the #96 car gets black flaggedfor taken him out that i see but the winner the # 19 who set in the pits for two laps how could he call himself a winner let alone the officals thats not bomber racing its bummer racing [was i the only one to see this]

??

Last year he did the same thing to me moose. $5 a head & I hardly think that any of that money went to the track. Probably went to line his pant pockets.

The #96 didn't get black flagged. The 2 car came down on him. The 19 car got his spot back because the 57 was the one that spun him out. The 57 went to the back.

Back