Funeral Arrangements for Tony Penberthy

Tony Ray Penberthy, 47, formally of Park Hills passed away August 7, 2012 at Ottumwa, Iowa. Tony was born September 2, 1964 at Bonne Terre.He is survived by: His parents, Lewis Penberthy and Ida Mae (Sitzes); son Anthony Penberthy and daughter, Brittany Penberthy both of Caledonia; grandchildren, Dusty Ray and Madison of Caledonia; sister Tamara Boyer and husband Joe of Potosi; brother Lewis Penberthy Jr. (his brother and racing buddy); special friends, Sonny, Ashley, Dave and Kelli; other relatives and friends also survive.
Tony had a zest for life, his lifelong passion was car racing; he loved watching it and traveling to many states just to be a part of the action. He was a devoted father, grandfather, son, and brother. He will be greatly missed. He had just finished working a promotional job at the races, his dream job, the night he died, so in essence it was one last race.
Visitation will be at the Horton-Wampler Funeral Home, Friday, 5-9 p.m. Services will be Saturday, 11 a.m. at the Horton-Wampler Funeral Home with Rev. Mark Moss. Burial will be at the Hillview Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Farmington. Mo.

Thoughts and prayers to the entire family and his friends. I did not know him personally but I did know his passion for racing and what went on at the track. He too will be missed by many.

Deepest sympathy, The Davinroys

Thanks to Tony's parents for their generosity shown to my cousin photobilly Haffer. It was a tragic accident in which both of our loved ones didn't have to die in. It is still a shock. God bless Tony's parents and his entire family during this unpredicted time.

Rod haffer

Back