FYI-front load washers!!!

racin90

If you bought one or know someone who has........here is a huge tip. We have had ours for 6 months now. The 1 issue we have had is a smell. Not a mold smell but a rank smell in the washer. Have had 6 techs here that made me redo my drain(i knew what drain i put on was ok) redo my water lines(because......i think they ran out of things to guess on) and redo my power(i dont know why that one). but anyway i found out by googling thisproblem you must use powdered detergent. Powder! Donot use liquid. The manual says liquid and all their videos say to use liquid. But liquid contains animal fat. And since these washers use less water the liquid cannot get flushed out totally leaving the smell. I cleaned out the drum......switched to powder and walla. Just letting some know in case they know people with these. Save them months of headaches and phone calls to manufactuers.

That's weird. We have a front load also and we have never had this issue and we use liquid detergent. Does it make a difference if it HE liquid or not? I know you should use the HE because regular liquid produces too many suds or something. Not sure though. Thanks for the info though.

Thats interesting. We have had that same problem. I thought it was from not being taken out as soon as they are washed. We also found out that the gasket where the door closes can get small socks caught in the drain area and if you don't pull the gasket back and check to see if there is something in there you will also get that smell. Thanks i am going to try that...

Yes we did that hing also and it didnt seem to help. I did some research on my own and found out about the liquid detergent thing. It will take 2 loads to get it right. We ran it without clothes....use oxiclean in it the first time. Worked like a charm. Hope this helps

That's weird. We have a front load also and we have never had this issue and we use liquid detergent. Does it make a difference if it HE liquid or not? I know you should use the HE because regular liquid produces too many suds or something. Not sure though. Thanks for the info though.

Doesnt matter HE or not.......we used He all the time. I dont know why...not all seem to do this. Ours are Lg's and they have a pretty good rating. Also....your water sample may change this as well. Meaning...my water in East Alton isnt the best of the west. I found out from taking a sample and having it analized. We use water filters in our faucets for this reason.

We have the lg as well but we use the He detergent have not had a problem.
But the animal fat does make alot of sense! Kinda aggrevating esp the cost of these things today.

You also have to be carefull when climbing in for a ride that you dont slam your pants leg in the door! You WILL twist your pants up in a knot! When that happens with a top loader you can just bump the lid up with your foot and continue on your ride :eek:

Ours are stackable and the washer is on the bottom side. Boy she told me she sure misses that top loader because of the spin cycle. She told me it scrambles eggs really good. Wait...was she lying???

Back