Garrett Durrett Wins $10,000 at June Bug 60

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(SIMSBORO, LOUISIANA) Garrett Durrett picked up his biggest win of his young career Saturday night in the ‘June Bug 60’ at the Fast Trax Speedway in Chatham, LA. The win was worth a cool $10,000 to the Garrett Racing team. Garrett started fourth in his Garrett Racing #58cent MasterSbilt / Pro Power Ford Taurus and battled early on with Kenny Merchant until he dropped out of the event. The young pilot then held off veteran Wendell Wallace after a late-race restart to keep the ‘June Bug 60’ title in Louisiana.

“We got it done,” exclaimed Garrett in a phone conversation. “Our car was great all night, but he had to work for the win. I raced really hard with (Kenny) Merchant in lapped traffic and actually raced a little harder than I want to. We were going through lapped traffic three and four wide. Then Merchant dropped out and we had to deal with Wendell. We definitely didn’t need that late caution, but I knew Wendell was going to race me clean. I was able to hold on over the last couple of laps. It is a great win for our team and gives us a lot of confidence for the rest of the season.”

Garrett will return to action this weekend at the Pike County Speedway in Magnolia, MS. The #58cent will compete for the $2,500 payday in the O’Reilly SUPR Series event held there this weekend. For more information about the SUPR Series and the event this weekend, log onto www.suprracing.com.

Garrett Racing also has a new team shirt available for sale on their website, located at www.garrettdurrett.com. Make sure to visit the APPAREL page of the site to get yours today!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com

Back