Gary Keeling K5 Injured at KY Lake

JeepFan55

Danny Heiple
For those of you who are wondering or did not know. Gary Keeling the K5 Super Late Model Driver was injured Saturday night at KY Lake during his last chance race. There was some tight racing at the beginning of the race, and Gary's wrist got caught in the steering wheel. At first glance everyone including the paramedics thought the wrist was borken or the arm shattered.

After talking with Debbie, his wife, Gary did not break any bones, but his hand came apart from the arm, at the wrist, I have personally never heard of this, but I talked with a nurse at my work and she has. Gary under went emergency reconstruction surgery at Western Baptist in Paducah. He was released on Sunday at 3:30 a.m.

His arm is in a cast up to his elbow but he can bend the elbow. They will not know if he will have feeling in the hand, or be able to control the hands movements. He had some tenden damage and maybe some ligaments too. The doctors did get everything back together.

Gary has a doctor appointment in one week from Monday and hopefully they will know more then. My family will be praying for the Keelings.

For those of you who do not know Gary, he is one of the nicest men around. He came to Pevely for the I-55 Pepsi Nationals. I have known the Keelings for several years, about 12, and he had made the decision this was going to be his last race as his son Kevin is in sports at school and Gary wants to spend time with him more.

I will be talking with them on a daily basis and when I know more about the condition and long term damage I will post on here. If anyone wants to e-mail me with prayers or thoughts or comments, I will be more than happy to forward them on to Gary and his family. Thank you all for reading this.

Best Wishes and Prayers

I wish Gary the best , sorry to hear about getting hurt.. We use to race against Gary and he and his wife are real nice people...my thoughts and prayers for Gary and wish him luck in whatever he wishes to do...........

I was jus on 4m.net and this post was on there too by the same person and 17 people have already podted prays and thougths. I know that many of you don't know Gray but does that mean we can't pray for this man?

Originally posted by Lve50Racing
I was jus on 4m.net and this post was on there too by the same person and 17 people have already posted prays and thougths. I know that many of you don't know Gary, but does that mean we can't pray for this man?

Back