Gas Porting Pistons

WCRE

I have developed a hand tool that you can Vertically Gas Port your Pistons with a hand drill. The Patent is in the works, and I'm getting ready to market it. Basicly I'm asking how intrested you racers here would be intrested in something like this. The price of the tool will be less then the cost of paying someone to do the job. I've had this tool for about 6 years and have Gas Ported dozens of pistons. Takes about an hour for a set of pistons. Most pro teams use this technology so it is race proven.

Would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks

Will this work on all pistons? I have 1/16" rings. How much do pros charge for gas porting? I thought you needed "special" tools to do this. How do I get more info?

Will this work on all pistons? I have 1/16" rings. How much do pros charge for gas porting? I thought you needed "special" tools to do this. How do I get more info?

:I can make these to do 5/64th , 1/16th, and .043 ring lands.

:The pros or custom piston manufacturers, ( Ross, J&E and others ), charge around $25 per piston to gas port. The manufacturers have to be ordered with custom pistons only.

:With this tool you only need a hand drill the tool and some time. Usually you need a Mill and a rotary table and a lot of knowledge.

:If you want more info or to buy the tool email me at
go_tools_online@yahoo.com

:I'm going to market this tool for around $150

Thanks for showing intrest

gas porting

After doing some research and talking to you I decided I had to try this product. And I could not believe how easy and quick it was to do. And I must thank you for the 25.00 discount to cover the shipping. This application will payoff over the long haul of the season.

Thanks Rocoracin,

This tool can increase you as much as 15 to 50 hp depending on your current combination. I've read an article where another professional engine builder did a dyno test on his 555ci drag engine and increased it by just over 50 hp. This helps fight ring flutter which will not allow your rings to seal properly. Most of the gains will happen above 6000 RPMs. Not bad for $125 bucks and about an hour of your time.

On a different note...it there has been some confusion to my e-mail address to order this tool. it is....

go_tools_online then @yahoo.com

when I first posted it the line at the bottom hid the under scoressorry bout that.

Thanks

Here is a link to some Reher-Morrison articles. Click on the one that says ... "The Importance of Gas Ports" This reads pretty good. There are 2 pages so you'll have to click on "next page" at the bottom to see the whole article. Lots of good reading there to boot.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/techTalk/index.htm

Thanks, Don
icon_cool.gif

Just received "the tool" this week. I tried it on some junk pistons to see how it works. It was very easy to set up and use. I can't wait to see the gains on the track. Thanks for the special offer price. The $25 more than covered the shipping. Thanks again

Hello All. As some of you know I have developed a tool to gas port pistons. IF you have bought one from online please pm me here.
Thanks, Don

Back