GAS UPDATE! Its going UP

I was told gas in Marion, IL is Now at $4.75 a gallon!

Im not for sure How much of this is true, But Im hearing alot of it.

WSIL TV Out of Harrisburg said there was all different kinds of ranges from $3.75-$5.50 a gallon.

Can anyone give me any info....

Gas companies gouging because of Hurricane Ike.

Oil prices actually closed under $101 today.

For the record, the two stations by my house were still at $3.49 just a little bit ago.

It's speculation of huricane damage to oil rigs and refineries that's running the price up. Shouldn't last too long I'd think.

Just called the local Gas station in Mt. Vernon, Il. Gas is going up to $4.75 at 7am a the Marathon.

Hucks said some of there store may raise at Midnight!

Don't you like that? Everyone is running for safty from the storms so " THE MAN" jacks up the cost of gas. Insted of helping the people that need help to get out "THE MAN" sticks it to us. Boy I wish I did not need gas if I did not I would tell the MAN to stick it up his A**

I heard on the news that it will probably go back down in a week. I have enough to last me that long, I hope.

Looks like I won't be going to the races this weekend because of some liquid from the sky, so that will help.

Sounds like a good weekend to stay home for a change. ;)

Price gouging

JUST IN CASE some of my fellow posters on this topic dont know it,running the price of fuel up in the face of a natrual disaster is illeagle,its called price gouging and if caught the perp can get a heafty fine...looks to me like thats what the oil co.s are doing

Fireball is right. As a matter of fact just 7 years ago today, there were quite a few gas companies that got in trouble for doing just that, the Illinois Attorney General's office stepped in and companies were given stiff fines. Because of that, I thought they set a rule that they, meaning the stations, weren't allowed to raise it more than 20 cents in a 24 hour period. Unless the rule has been changed. Also here in the St. Louis area OUR oil for the Phillips-Conoco refineries come from Canada, HELLO!!!! I didn't think Ike made it that far up the continant!

The price I pay for gas from BP went from 3.57 to 3.80 in 2 days (wholesale). I pay 2% in credit card fees and most purchases are credit cards. I got a load coming tomorrow but if everyone would wait to get gas until next week when it will be cheaper I could cancel this expensive load.

Back