Gateway Dirt Nationals LM tire rules

kreke13

Purple Mafia meeting notes......so this is what we will do. Let's get the racers excited and after they all register lets announce tire rules where at least all the locals will need to go out and buy new tires! Hey, these racers will have some Xmas monies so let's get that before the holiday. Screw the racers and their families again!

Let them race tires that they raced during the 2016 season? Baahahahahahahaha

I like this tire rule, exept the fact that they hadn't said anything about no groove/sipe til now. I probably would have left a couple tires at home instead of cutting them for mod mania had i known this was gonna happen. I think it had been posted as the same rule as tri-city until today.

I like this tire rule, exept the fact that they hadn't said anything about no groove/sipe til now. I probably would have left a couple tires at home instead of cutting them for mod mania had i known this was gonna happen. I think it had been posted as the same rule as tri-city until today.

When did u get a lm or mod?

Reactions: 20z
How can you sipe a modified tire and later on down in the rules it says tires must remain in manufactured codition no altering permitted?

How can you sipe a modified tire and later on down in the rules it says tires must remain in manufactured codition no altering permitted?
----------------- well - that is interesting - veddry interesting -- but den I tinks dey B re-furr in to som other all - ter-- ation -- but den dat jus mi opion -- n I do-no very leetl sheet bout dis racin game --- from the racer formaly known as "FIREBALL" but since I B old n fuzzy ya all can call me "FURRBALL"

Kinda what I was thinking, too.
You boys need to talk to local racers on budgets. Lmao!

It cost about a $1000 for 6 tires. This is right before Xmas. You wanna help. Shell that out for a local racer. Put your money where your mouth is boys! Which local racer could use some tire money. These boys with big bucks are gonna help you out. Lmfao!!!

6 tires for my mod is going to run me about $850. I will have new tires on for this race. Its called saving your money or putting in some overtime. This race isnt a last minute deal. We had plenty of notice to save up for new rubber. FYI I have helped out local racers. I have bought tires or parts, Hell i even have a local racer thats drove my latemodel and my mods. Some people just need to learn to live within there means. Not trying to stir the pot but everybody knows racing is expensive if you want to be up front. And i cant see anyone spending this amount of money on entry fees and pit parking just to have fun,but i have been wrong before.

Reactions: 99
This post is spot-on. UMP and Hoosier working together against the racer again. Dissapointing how blind everyone is to it. and 20z most people on here just got done with an entire season of racing, not just popping in for one race at end of the year so they may havr a lot of tires that are 85% and willing to use them but that apparently wasn't going to bring in enough$

UMP isn't involved with this show at all to my knowledge the whole cost of this show for racers is pretty high in my opinion you would have to make both shows to break even and that was before this last minute rule change ,I really shouldn't even be commenting on this because I am not entered in the race ,but most people entered in this race knew it was expensive and just wanted to be involved to say they did it I guess . I do believe they are offering refunds because there is a long waiting list for open spots if anyone decides they can't make it

I was all excited at first and looked at expenses and knew right away I couldn't afford the gamble to race it.
I did order tickets to watch for the 3 days and a couple hotel rooms in walking distance. And for 4 people it's costing almost $600 for tickets and another $600 for hotel rooms. Looking at is as a Christmas vacation kinda thing.
Bringing our toter and 2 cars was going to cost us what it's going to cost to freshen an engine.
Doing my part to make this a huge event. I think there are more than enough racers with the $$$$ to fill the field. That's all that matters.

Back