Gateway

racing75

Grumpy old man
want to see fast karts come to gateway fri,sat,sun, these guys run 125 to 140 mph on the pavement.

tom

do you have any specifics on this such as time and what not...and is that this friday sat sun....and are they racing or just practicing?????...thanks a lot

want to see fast karts come to gateway fri,sat,sun, these guys run 125 to 140 mph on the pavement.

tom
Ive got more respect for those go cart drivers going 125 mph over someone going 65 mph in a late model. Or even if they are going the same speeds. Go carts are like 2 inches off the ground with no roll cage. My brother raced go carts all over the midwest in the late eighties early nineties and raced every Christmas in Florida at some big race in Daytona.They were going over a hundred then. He quit racing after being in a race behind a guy who flew off at over a 100 and splatted against the wall. The racers back then were practically killing eachother over a trophy.He raced for Margay and Briggs and Stratton. Everytime he won a race which was almost every time he showed up, they would take his engine and rebuild it for him at no charge. He was one of the very first people to use the Lynx frame. I think the first time they were in use was at the Fenton Park race. Also those guys on motorcyles going 200 at Daytona. All you hear about is Nascar guys going 200. Try doing it on a motorcycle. And oh yes they draft on the high banks too on motorclycles.

do you have any specifics on this such as time and what not...and is that this friday sat sun....and are they racing or just practicing?????...thanks a lot
Practice on Friday 7am till around 5pm Saturday Racing starts at 10 am till finshed (Gates open at 7am all 3 days and The same for Sunday.
Bryan will be racing the "TAG Class" Come out and see some realy fast karts.

cold day at gateway but they still got all the races in

there were three classes together when zach seel raced i think he ran 8th

still it was fun its still hard to think these karts can run so fast
i think zacks class was running in the 90 to 100 range:)

in a gokart:):)

pork

Saturday was without a dought FAST Bryan finshed 12 out of 15 in the TAG CADET Class
Sunday rain stayed in all morning forcing the racing gods to call it a "WET TRACK" That sent 90% of the racers in ALL classes packing up and going home with "Rain Points"
Those who stayed and took on the rain raced for trophy's. A great time to get in some rain experince.
Bryan finshed 2nd in his race on Sunday. It is great how rain can even up the field.
All -n- All it was nice to get the track time in. Thanks to everyone that help'd us out all weekend we had fun.

Back