Geaschel at Belle-Clair

Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome
So, were the people in the Turn 1 Grandstand the only ones to notice that Bob Geaschel was knocked unconscious in that pile up in the LM feature? I can't believe that he was allowed to continue on.

His night should have ended right there for the safety of himself and other drivers.

Why do you think he was knocked unconscious?
Both Allied and the ambulance crew looked at him

Unless he decided to take nap on the driver side door for 60 seconds, he looked knocked out to me and 50 others around me. He also seemed to come back in a bit of a daze. Were you the one filming in Turn 1?

I looked at the video from that yellow flag and there were 2 other cars spun out in turn 1 besides the two in question(Geaschel and a black car) I videoed the other 2 and then Geaschel's car. From the video I only see his white helmet and the video is only 5 seconds long. I only shoot 5 seconds of the cause of a yellow flag so people watching will know what caused the yellow

He had ice on his neck after the race. I'm not sure if he was knocked out or not, but it seems highly unlikely that they would let him resume racing if he was unconscious when they got to him.

I am not totally sure if Allied or the paramedics were able to see whether or not he was out. His hit took place a bit further back from the initial pile up. Outside of the folks in Turn 1, it probably looked pretty mild.

I hope that he is okay and I am glad to hear that he seemed fine after the race.

He was knocked out. I was the first one to the fence in turn one his head was down and he was not moving at all. I was yelling at the official in the turn he started moving again just before they got there so they had no way of knowing he was out. so don't blame them. If he says he's okay.

Whenever I've been invollved in a hard crash, and believe me, I've bee in a few, most of the time I'll sit still for minute or so just to "take inventory" and make sure that I'm ok. I'll just take a few, sometimes with my eyes closed to avoid distractions to be sure. Adrenaline can play tricks on you. Maybe that's what Bob was doing. I too, sit in turn one and from what I saw that was a heck of a hit. I highly doubt that Bob would have continued if he didn't think he had all of his faculties. Alliied officials as well as the EMT's did talk to him. They must have thought he was ok.

Brian #44

I don't know weather he was knocked out or not but I do know for a fact that he was definately a bit dazed after because the paramedics had to come take a look at him when he got out of the car on the infield. And yes, that was after he made a few more laps.

He ran into the 45 of C.J. Simpson that was already stopped there. He hit Simpson's car hard as it made a loud noise when he hit.

He was walking around in the pits after the race. He looked about normal then.

Heard at highland last night he was knocked out... But just thought it was rumor. Ice on the neck could be a hint he was at least rattled pretty good.

Until he is symptom (no headaches, nausea, light sensitivity, etc...) free, he should not race.

These things are not worth messing with. Getting a second one, before fully recovering from the first, can be extremely dangerous!

www.thinktaylor.org

Famous last words from a racecar driver.."I am OK.. I'll be alright"! I know I live with one. My guy took a hard roll at Godfrey on top of the back straight-a-away wall. He was driving a bomber! Back then they didn't have to use RACING seats.OMG! Anyway he came up in the stands and asked for the keys to my van. He was going to the junkyard to get parts to fix his truck. Double features that day! Anywhooo! I ask him if he was Ok, he told me "yeah", but there was a little twinge in his back, other than that he was FINE..! Came back finished the truck, Missed his heat race. They let him hot lap it at intermission, to make sure the truck was OK! He finished the second race! Came from the back and finished second!
The next day however, after all was said and done ..HE coughed, he went to his knees, he couldn't breath. Needless to say off to the ER we went. Diagnosis... BROKEN RIB an inch from his spine..!
So there is always a cause for concern if someone looks like they are hurt, but brushes it off as nothing!

Back