Get rid of AARA or just change officers???

Big Bad Bear

Swappin Paint said:
I don't neccessarily want Allied to go. I do think some changes in their "track" crew are needed.

btw....qwaynick, that was worth more than any .02.....
Sorry ... I meant to start a new tread with this ....

Be careful what you wish for ... Highland thought their answer was to get rid of SARA, but what we forgot was DRIVERS (if they took time time to participate) controlled who had the power in a racing organization. Now we have a dictator (Charlie) and are not happy. What we should have done was get Charlie to run for SARA president, because now WE could have voted him out. Now the Fair Board has the power to do what they want, and as long as the Fair Board makes money, Charlie will continue to promote the races there. PROMOTERS ARE NOT THE ANSWER FOLKS ....

SARA and AARA was and is a DRIVER organization. BUT ... most drivers don't take the time to participate in the organization until they have a problem. We only had 10 - 15 people at most SARA meetings.

If you want to make a difference, you must become a VOTING member of AARA, I think it still costs $50 and you have to make application (SOON or it will be too late for this year), but every year your membership card is cheaper. I think in 5 years the membership fee is paid for.

Then you MUST attend the VOTER meeting, PLUS get folks to RUN for offices that you think will do a better job. But remember ... the folks who make decisions in AARA are accountable to the DRIVERS. Don't make the same mistake as Highland. Don't change the system, just change the players. AARA is only as good as the DRIVERS make it.

Charlie Is Not The Promoter At Highland,the Fair Board Is,thaY Hire Charlie And His Crew To Run The Races,,allied Has A Limited No. Of Voting Members,,they Elect The Board Members,the Board Hires The Track Workers,,the Drivers,other Than The Ones On The Board ,,have No Say So As To Who The Board Hires,,,,,now,,not That I Agree With Every Thing That Takes Place But When You Come On This Site And Babble On About What You Know Nothing About It Wastes Good Internet Space,,along With Taking My Time Up When I Could Be Serfing Ebay,,,have A Nice Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Ya,,i Was On The Board At One Time And Got The Short End Of A Very Long Stick, I Might Go Into That Later

FIREBALL said:
Charlie Is Not The Promoter At Highland,the Fair Board Is,thaY Hire Charlie And His Crew To Run The Races,,allied Has A Limited No. Of Voting Members,,they Elect The Board Members,the Board Hires The Track Workers,,the Drivers,other Than The Ones On The Board ,,have No Say So As To Who The Board Hires,,,,,now,,not That I Agree With Every Thing That Takes Place But When You Come On This Site And Babble On About What You Know Nothing About It Wastes Good Internet Space,,along With Taking My Time Up When I Could Be Serfing Ebay,,,have A Nice Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I know NOTHING about???

Let's see ... VOTING MEMBERS are DRIVERS and pit crew members. You can become one of these if you pay $50 and make application ... I have yet to hear AARA say, no we have TOO MANY voting members, you can't become one. Voting Members (i.e. DRIVERS) are the folks who elect the Board and/or are eligable to run for board positions. So ... it reasons out that if I wanted some say so in what is being done, I'd become a VOTING MEMBER or Better yet ... run for a Board position. But you MUST participate in the organization, or you might as well let a promoter, such as Charlie, run the show.

BOARD hires the crew .... If I elect or become part of the board. Then I have a say so on who is hired. I have some part in hiring the RIGHT folks to be the crew working the shows.

HIGHLAND ... NO DRIVER has ANY say on who the Fair Board hires to run the races PERIOD!!!!

If you dont like how Allied runs then vote new guys in. This year i think the president and sec. and 2 or 3 board member are up for vote new in!!!!! Most voting members meetings there are about 40 or 50 people there if that and about 190 voting members!

ITS YOUR DECiSION

If you dont vote you dont have any right to complain!!!!

My money is on Fireball... I figure anyone who has managed to stay in the sport as long as he has has to know a thing or two bout how this all works.

I Didn't Know There Was A "limited #" Put On Voting Memebrs?????

I Was Told You Had To Apply Be Approved And Pay???

Anyone Could Apply???? I Thought???

best i can recall there is just over a 100 voting members,it may be more as i have not been as active with allied lately,,and BBB you are right,the voting member pool is made up of owners and drivers and a few old farts that wont give up their voting privaladge till the day they die,,the board on the otherhand is about split with officials and racers,,I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO APPLY FOR A VOTING MEMBERSHIP,,AND ONCE AGAIN,,,CHARLIE IS SIMPLY THE PERSON THAT SUPPLIES THE CREW AT HIGHLAND,,YES HE DOES """"PROMOTE BROWNSTOWN"""" and since I am on a roll RAY MARLER should leave any banning of a racer soley to ALLIED,,that is their job,his job is to provied a track in raceable condition,,and PROMOTE said track,,was the banning justified,not got a clue since their are quit a few versions to the storie,,,NIte-E-Nite ALL..

wackymac19 said:
If you dont like how Allied runs then vote new guys in. This year i think the president and sec. and 2 or 3 board member are up for vote new in!!!!! Most voting members meetings there are about 40 or 50 people there if that and about 190 voting members!
ITS YOUR DECiSION
If you dont vote you dont have any right to complain!!!!

Well said Wackymac19, I totally agree. I'll bet you the people complaining about the officials/track/AARA are NOT VOTING MEMBERS.

Back